Search results

1. EJ3

New Construction, 3/4" PEX, How big holes thru the joists?

With joists at 16" OC, would it be reasonable to use an insert or winged insulator at every other joist? Of course the joists without the fitting would be an oversized hole so the pipe would not touch the wood.
  2. EJ3

Laundry tray connection to standpipe

Thank you for clarifying that a tray is a sink. I assumed it is a drain box. So as long as I am 18" to 42" above the trap weir, I am good to go.
  3. EJ3

Laundry tray connection to standpipe

I started to rough-in my laundry drain box, not thinking to check the 2018 IRC. I was using information that I had from 14+ years ago (see attached). Based on my p-trap at 12" above the floor, at what elevation do I need to mount the bottom of the drain box? Based on 2018 IRC, it would seem I...
  4. EJ3

DWV Questions

For the 2" drain line coming from the kitchen, it will be a continuous 1/4" per foot slope for about 50 ft with no other drain lines tying into it. Will it need a vent between the 1.5" vent at the kitchen sink trap arm tie-in point and where is ties into the 3" line?
  5. EJ3

DWV Questions

Wayne, Thank you for the confirmation and suggestion. I have another bath that will use a wet vent for the toilet. But since it is farther away and more shallow, I will probably roll the 45 like in the attached diagram. Thanks, Ed
  6. EJ3

DWV Questions

Thank you for the replies. I would only use the sanitary tees for tying the trap arm into the vent or re-venting. The sink is actually from the bath. The kitchen sink ties into the trunk line and will have a 1.5” VTR back at the trap arm tie-in point. Hopefully the attached clarifies what I...
  7. EJ3

DWV Questions

My county uses the 2018 IPC. I am in the process of installing underslab DWV and a have a few questions: My trunk line is fairly deep to accommodate the kitchen sink which is 50+ feet on the other side of the house. I am planning to run all of my fixture drain lines and vents at a more...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks