Search results

1. Cdibuff

ABS pipe has broken off a piece

Home is old but it was torn down to the studs and all plumbing electrical drywall etc brand new from 4 years ago. There are no openings that I can find from the outside. No orifices, all craw space vents are tight and completely sealed. The sewer clean out is good and tight. But obviously the...
  2. Cdibuff

Breplum said he has been dumping acidic condensate into ABS for 30 years with no adverse effects. If someone can similarly share their experience sending acidic (non-neutralized) condensate through PEX, it will be greatly appreciated.Thank you.
  3. Cdibuff

For the life of me we couldn't find any Agras that they could possibly enter from. But obviously they are getting on somehow. I dod bait the place with traps just like you suggested. please also let me know if untreated condensate is okay through PEX pipe? I really don't want to put a...
  4. Cdibuff

It is a headache dealing with the different trades. Thankfully I am DIY and saw the plumbing when it was installed - from ground up, so I know where is what. It helps to keep pictured from before the time that drywall went on!
  5. Cdibuff

Thanks, that is a very illustrative example. Non neutralized Condensate from the furnace is pumped up through a 1/2" PEX into an ABS standpipe. There is no metal in this pathway. Is PEX pipe affected by non neutralized condensate?
  6. Cdibuff

Thanks everyone. You were all correct it was chewed on by rats. It wasn't just this, they chewed on a PVC line feeding out of the water heater pan, a 1/2" PEX sending up condensate into the washer standpipe and the 2" ABS serving a kitchen sink. This obviously caused a whole huge mess but has...
  7. Cdibuff

Do you neutralize the condensate before dumping into ABS?
  8. Cdibuff

Oh really. There are no rats that I am aware of, but would they just chew off random ABS like this? I do know that there is a high efficiency furnace in the basement whose condensate gets pumped up into the standpipe of the washer drain. The condensate is weak carbonic acid. Could that cause...
  9. Cdibuff

At one of my rental properties I noticed a broken ABS pipe. See Photo attached. It is mysterious how this part of the ABS has lost broken like this. This serves the waste line from a kitchen sink and from a laundry drain. Any ideas on what the cause might be? Thanks.
  10. Cdibuff

Deposits on water heater

This is not well water. it is city supplied lines. The water heater is only about 6 years in use. 75 gallons AO smith. The tenant also complains they smell rotten eggs around the water heater (note that the hot water isn't smelling). The staining on the top surface and the smell of rotten eggs...
  11. Cdibuff

Deposits on water heater

I have a 75 gallon tank water heater installed in a rental which has been running fine for the past 5 years with annual flushes. Just today I observed some sediments on it. Please see attached photo. Can someone advise on what could cause this? Where should I begin to look?
  12. Cdibuff

Washing machine vent gets sudsing

There is no space in that area to vent out vertically through the building. My question though is, is a vent really necessary? The standpipe that the washer drains into has a p-trap. The washer drain is obviously loose inside the 2" standpipe (so there should not be any vacuum formation). Can I...
  13. Cdibuff

I like your idea. Is a vent really required for a washer? I have only seen standpipes with a p-trap. So, it appears that I should be able to cap the vent. Just hoping that with a short standpipe the water from the washer will not spill out of that standpipe. The whole issue is that the the...
  14. Cdibuff

You are correct. The suds do not come out of the standpipe (where the washer drain pipe is inserted), They come out of the open vent pipe adjacent to it.
  15. Cdibuff

Will the AAV on top of the vent prevent the bubbles from forming? The setup is pretty tight and it is impossible to get the vent to go up higher than it is, unless it is routed out horizontally. I understand none of these solutions are ideal or code compliant but this is the best we can do in...
  16. Cdibuff

Dear Fellow members, I have a washing machine situated in a basement sitting about 6 feet below grade and the sanitary line in that areas is running around 1.5 ft beneath grade level. The washing machine drains into a short standpipe and into the drain. Parallel to it is a vent pipe which...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks