Search results

1. Charlesthetoto

Moist wax under toilet, should I be worried?

So I left the brown paper strip under the edge of toilet for two days. I don’t see any water travel or being soaked outside the edge. But the brown paper did turn darker with a thin layer of wax sticking on the paper on the part under edge. Any more advice?
  2. Charlesthetoto

Flange above floor, no rocking
  3. Charlesthetoto

I have a Toto 766 toilet, installed by plumber, used no-plastic-horn wax ring. My flange has left side bolt holder part broken, but inside the flange is fine. The plumber used a flange repair ring (1/4 size of the flange) hanging on left side my of flange to hold the mounting bolt- no drill down...
  4. Charlesthetoto

Toto toilet leak at wax base

The wax was placed 2 times. The first time, they used a regular wax ring with horn, after leak detected, they pulled the bowl. Wax looked melted(or gone?), especially in front of the bowl. The second time they used an extra thick wax ring, and the same leak occurred. Is it really possible...
  5. Charlesthetoto

Only the inner part of paper towel is wet. So that means less likely leak from the bowl tank connect? Thank you for the suggestion on Kraft paper!
  6. Charlesthetoto

I called Toto and they said their toilet are designed to use wax ring without horn…. My flange has left side broken( on the bolting part only, the metal around the waste line still intact). That’s makes it difficult for me to use no horn wax ring… Can anyone tell me if I can cut the plastic horn...
  7. Charlesthetoto

Does it hurt in any way if an extra thick ring was used in this case? Last time when the regular wax ring with horn was used, after pulling it up, the wax looks “melted away”.
  8. Charlesthetoto

The flange is about 1/4 to 1/2 above the floor. Initially a regular wax ring with horn was used, then it leaked with small amount of water each flush. Now an extra thick wax ring was used, similar leak. I used new paper towel 3 times already. It only leaks after flush. If no flush, the paper is...
  9. Charlesthetoto

Thanks for the information, this is very frustrating. would using Waxless ring like the Sani seal help?
  10. Charlesthetoto

Nope, I made sure the bottom is dry, then I put a new paper towel in, and it was wet after I flush it.
  11. Charlesthetoto

Hi all, I recently had a plumber install my Toto drake 2021 1.6Gallon toilet. When I put a piece of paper towel at the bottom of toilet (we didn’t caulk toilet) , then flush, then pull out the paper towel, I noticed 2/3 drops of colored water on paper towel. The plumber used extra thick wax...
  12. Charlesthetoto

Symmons resistance when turning on/off - is it normal?

Hi folks, I have a symmons temptrol installed less than one year by plumber. I notice it takes some force to turn on, and when I try to turn off, there is usually a different feel (more resistance) when the spindle is about 30 degrees from the off position. Is this normal? Is there a way to...
  13. Charlesthetoto

Toto Drake CST776 2021 differences based on where it is made?

Did anyone have made in Vietnam Toto? How’s the quality’s?
  14. Charlesthetoto

Toto Drake CST776 2021 differences based on where it is made?

Hi all, I made a cst776 bowl purchase and noticed a small defect (made in Mexico). I got a replacement and that was made in Vietnam, completely same model number. However, I noticed the made in mx version doesn’t have trap way glazed, but the Vietnam version does. The waste hole (the hole on...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks