Search results

1. Alecstar

Can I put 1/2" plywood on top of cement under a prefab shower pan?

I am in the middle of putting in a shower pan where a tub use to be. I have had to jackhammer for the plumbing and its not been fun. The problem now is that my plumbing job is 1/2" too high. It's all cut and glued. I am installing an Oatey 42150 and I need to raise it. I wish they made the same...
  2. Alecstar

Shower System question

Can you use a tub spout/handles/shower head/control valve setup and just use the handle, shower head and control valve. The reason I am asking is that there are a lot more choices with units that have a tub spout. Can you "block off" the part of the valve that would normally go to the spout...
  3. Alecstar

Bathtub to Shower Venting On Slab

Hello and thanks in advance to anybody who responds. My home is 5 years old and on a slab. I removed the whole acrylic tub and walls unit and am putting in acrylic shower pan with tile. I have seen enough Holmes HGTV to know that there has to be air behind water. I removed everything and what...
  4. Alecstar

Can you use "Brush on Blue Block" with PEX pipe?

I am going to replace some of those cheap push pull plastic valves with Brass Craft 1/4 turn valves. The Brass Craft has a ribbed section that goes into the PEX pipe and it then clamped with a PEX ring. I'm sure you all know that much but what I was wondering, as this is my first foray into the...
  5. Alecstar

Do I need a mortar bed for this tub?

Hello, This is an enameled steel tub with a huge Styrofoam bottom. It measures 13-1/2W by 33L. The thickness starts at 4" and tapers to 3-1/2". All the YouTube video's I've watched have been with tubs than have a much thinner and smaller support. Most had grid like bottoms so the mortar could...
  6. Alecstar

What are these two pieces of metal for under my bathtub?

Hello all, I am new to this site. I need some help. I just bought an American Standard Solar enameled steel tub. It arrived today and unfortunately was damaged. I have ordered a new one but in the meantime can anybody tell me what these two pieces of metal (and somewhat flimsy at that) are...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks