Search results

1. DaveNewhampshire

Wet vent bathroom group?

After further review, I think this is a better way to put in a clean out ... see pics. As far as aesthetics, most of it will be enclosed in that triangle stub wall that runs parallel and right behind the tub (only the sole plate is installed now). The only exposed pipes will be the few inches...
  2. DaveNewhampshire

Wet vent bathroom group?

So I hope to have the final layout. See pictures and please comment. Nice thing is the sani-tee on it's back is snug up against the bottom of the subfloor so I have plenty of room for slope as it heads to the shower and beyond. Also, I had the room so I thought I might sneak a clean out in...
  3. DaveNewhampshire

Wet vent bathroom group?

Wayne ... when you said I could keep the outlet of the tub waste and over flow tee horizontal, did you mean I should fabricate my own, or try to use the one that came with the tub? I don't see how I could turn the existing outlet of the tee horizontal and still stay above the subfloor. To...
  4. DaveNewhampshire

Wet vent bathroom group?

Wayne, I was thinking of something similar, where I would keep the outlet of the trap above the subfloor, have the wye and vent above as well, and then drop the 2" drain/wet vent down into the subfloor with a couple 45's offset and then continue on from there. I would have to cut out a...
  5. DaveNewhampshire

Wet vent bathroom group?

Thanks Wayne and Jeff ... I see that now. I need to stay as close to the top of the subfloor as possible so I was trying to go vertical in the dead space triangle area of the stub wall to buy me some vertical room in the joist bay. The tub is BainUltra claw foot (see pic), and the space between...
  6. DaveNewhampshire

Wet vent bathroom group?

I think you are correct… #8 is more straight forward as far as changes in direction. The only concern is I would lose about an inch and 1/2 of slope because I have to go through the I-joist below the flange, but I think I will have just enough slope to make it work. I was thinking of using a...
  7. DaveNewhampshire

Wet vent bathroom group?

Thanks for the reply Wayne. I did not think I asked about wet venting the whole bathroom through the lav last thread, but maybe I did ... it had more than a few side bars. I did not take into consideration that the dry vent part of the wet vent system had to be upstream. I thought I was ok...
  8. DaveNewhampshire

Wet vent bathroom group?

Greetings everyone ... a few months back I posted questions on how to properly vent my bathroom I am putting in. There was a lot of great info from different people, including Wayne, but I did not want to tag off that post to avoid confusion, so I am starting a new thread with a specific...
  9. DaveNewhampshire

3" PVC DWV Wye and 45° Elbow Combo w/ 2" L Side Inlet

Although the house/garage wall is an outside house wall and holds up the second floor rim board, it is a gable end so it does not necessarily carry substantial loads. But since I have already bored a 3 5/8 hole in that location, I want to avoid putting another hole just below the existing one...
  10. DaveNewhampshire

I thought I would attach more pics of the pipe locations outside and inside the house. After looking at it more, I guess I could easily drop the pipe a few inches below the joist (and box it in) and come in through the exterior stud bay and closet wall 2x4. I wish I did not cut holes there...
  11. DaveNewhampshire

Wayne ... first thanks for taking the time for such a detailed reply. Yes, u-turn is not ideal, but I was hoping to stay in the one joist bay and save boring 2 holes in the joist to the right of the tub drain just to pick up the vertical vent in the stub wall, and losing the 1 1/2 inches in...
  12. DaveNewhampshire

Regarding scenario #5, would it be practical and legal to stay in the joist bay by going back to the diagonal kneewall to pick up a vertical dry vent wall, doing a horizontal 180 within the joist bay and heading back to the shower? At the tub I need to stay as high to the subfloor as possible...
  13. DaveNewhampshire

Thanks for the feedback. Is that because the hole has to be slightly larger, or it is more difficult to feed a pipe through? I have wooden i-beams so the hole requirements are pretty liberal and the web is only 1/2" thick or so versus 1 1/2 framing lumber.
  14. DaveNewhampshire

Thanks ... I think I am leaning towards number 5. Seems the most straightforward as I don't have to do the extra dance to dry vent the shower, and it is the least amount of holes to drill in the joists. The 3" cleanout nearest the WC would be accessible if I could extend it out to behind the...
  15. DaveNewhampshire

See updated drain/vent routing scenarios. Again, please feel free to comment if you see anything that could be done better/easier or if something doesn't look like it meets IPC. #3: BT increased to 2", and is dry vented close to BT drain, and then wet vent brought over to WC. I also extended...
  16. DaveNewhampshire

Thanks Jeff ... I don't have to neccassarily go on 45's so much, it just seems like it was the more direct route and less change of direction, but maybe straighter runs is what the best practice is? I am lucky in a way with the wooden i-beam joists ... the hole allowance is much greater than 2...
  17. DaveNewhampshire

Good to know about the IPC being unlimited for WC ... at first I wondered why, but then I read that WC don't really need a vent to drain itself, as long as the other fixtures are adequately vented so the whoosh of the WC doesn't syphon out the traps of other fixtures. I guess I have to brush up...
  18. DaveNewhampshire

Wayne (and others), see attached pictures for the floorplan/layouts and pics of the actual joist bays and above floor. I believe my best option to avoid the horizontal dry vent below flood rim is to use the wet vent off the double lav fixture as previously discussed. I believe I have seen it...
  19. DaveNewhampshire

John ... I was looking for an exception for the horizontal vent below the flood rim under IPC, but I could not find one. Do you have a reference or are you saying it can be common sense? Thanks
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks