Search results

1. Rubadubdub3

Installing console sink

Thanks for the reply Terry. Do you mean just using a push on angle valve like this? I think that would be the most elegant 'compromise' solution, but it would be a very tight fit. The valve would be partly behind the tile and I don't know if there would be enough room for the water line to...
  2. Rubadubdub3

Installing console sink

Ok I'll try to find out how much copper would be sticking out. Can you humor me and explain (as if talking to a five year old) why it matters? Do I potentially have other options?
  3. Rubadubdub3

Installing console sink

What do you mean? Edit: oh I see. After tile there is basically no copper sticking out. Less than half an inch. Do you really think my idea with the sharkbite would look that bad? If I did it the same on both sides at least it would be symmetrical.
  4. Rubadubdub3

Installing console sink

My idea is to take off the sharkbite end stop, and replace it with a sharkbite coupling like this: Cover at the wall with an escutcheon with the right diameter hole to cover the sharkbite fitting. Then put another little bit of pipe into the sharkbite for a compression fitting to attach onto...
  5. Rubadubdub3

Installing console sink

Really not what I wanted to hear I'd desperately like to avoid opening it all back up, we're at the end of our tether with this renovation as it is. Are there any creative solutions to make it look 'ok' even if looking 'good' isn't possible?
  6. Rubadubdub3

Installing console sink

Hi all, I've taken over a renovation project and we've done some things in the wrong order. We're installing a console sink in a tiny ensuite. The tiling has already been done. Of course with it being a console sink the water lines and drain are exposed and so should be aesthetically pleasing...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks