Search results

1. Jdhughen

Horizontal pressure tank tee manifold location

For a number of space/size reasons, I'm going with horizontal style diaphragm pressure tanks in my system. I'm assuming that since the tank is pressurized that the vertical height of the Tee manifold and drain valve would not matter so my plan was to keep it level with the connection to the...
  2. Jdhughen

30 amp Pressure Switch options

I'm changing over a Sprinkler Timer / Pump relay time controlled system to a CSV/Pressure Tank/ pressure Switch water on demand system. I'm having an issue locating a 40/60 Pressure Switch with contacts rated for 30 amps @ 240v which I need for my 5 hp pump. Can anyone give me the part / brand...
  3. Jdhughen

Sizing PRV for irrigation well

Thanks for all your help and thanks to everyone for all the replies. Just 2 more quick questions I'm planing on a 20 gal tank at the head and a 20 in the greenhouse which is approx 300' away. 1) I have to reduce pressure coming into the greenhouse system to 35 psi and I already have a...
  4. Jdhughen

Cary, Sorry for all the questions. I did calculations on based on worst case water use estimate for any one hour at the hottest time of day in august for all systems in the greenhouse. 1)Misting (for humidity and cooling) 10 heads at .006 gpm each at 125 psi each, x 10 = .06 gpm = 7.68 oz...
  5. Jdhughen

In your calculation is the "4 factor" to condsider what the actual draw down is of any given tank size ?
  6. Jdhughen

Thanks for the reply.... Wow, 86 gals ? For both cost and space that's a lot bigger than I was hoping for. 86 gals at the well head means building a new pump house and 86 gals tank in the greenhouse is way to big. It's a small "ornate artisan" (8x10) greenhouse for setup for orchids that is as...
  7. Jdhughen

Cary, Thanks for the reply, sorry it's taken so long to get back... I've decided to go with some arrangement with a CSV but I have a few questions and concerns about the approach I need to take. 1) Given all the other things that need to be replaced and or updated to get the system fully...
  8. Jdhughen

What is considered std practice for things like funny swing pipe?

So I assume if I uses MP Rotators I would have to add more heads to get the same coverage as the PGPs ? Thanks Joel
  9. Jdhughen

Thanks for the reply. A little more detail. valves are a mix of brands but all are 1", All rotors and risers are 3/4", all funny pipe barbs thread ends are 3/4". Supply lines to the valve boxes are 1 1/2", supply lines within a zone are 1 1/4" until it goes to funny pipe. Static dead head...
  10. Jdhughen

I'm mapping and rebuilding a sprinkler system for property I recently purchased. The owner had passed a few years back and the widow didn't know anything about what had been installed. After getting the pump running again, locating all the valve boxes, supply lines, and control cabling, I...
  11. Jdhughen

Sorry didn't give all the details on the pump end. It's a Myers Ranger series ss50-80-01 , 80 GPM, Total head 335'. The "100 GPM" is what the well tag says is the yield capacity of the well. I put temp plumbing back together at the well head today for testing. From the head it's: gauge, ball...
  12. Jdhughen

Thanks for the reply. The well is next to the "barn" where I keep tractors and the like. I'm building a small pump house around the well, I guess its more like a large dog house. The PRV valves you referenced above all have 1/2" outlet, If I set it, for example, to 125 psi, that kind of...
  13. Jdhughen

I'm a newbie here and learning as I go. I've read a lot of post here and other forums and I'm pretty sure I need a PRV in my system but don't know what size, either pressure rating or inlet size. I'll be brief but assume a little background is in order.... This past late summer we bought a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks