Search results

1. RifRaf

Bathroom Remodel DWV Plan

I just wanted to post some final images of the plumbing for my bathroom remodel project. I also wanted to thank everyone that posted suggestions and advice! This forum has been extremely helpful with providing a wealth of information.
  2. RifRaf

Jeff, I apologize for any confusion that my posts may have caused. As I previously mentioned, I am a DIY’er and the terms/statements that I am using in my posts may not be the same as those used by professional plumbers. That is why I have been including photos of my work. Let’s try and start...
  3. RifRaf

I’ve got the next section of this bathroom’s drain pipe for the Lav mocked up and ready for gluing. I used a 2” long sweep 90 going into a 3x2 combo. I followed all “joist boring rules” with regards to running the Lav drain. The wood supports on the branch drain are only being used to maintain...
  4. RifRaf

Okay... I understand what you are saying now. So, is there a limit to how far you can run a horizontal section of 2" ejector pump discharge pipe? Due to other branch drains that connect to the main drain pipe (see image below), I wouldn't be able to connect the 2" ejector pump pipe as stated...
  5. RifRaf

It would be very difficult for me to vent off of the 90 degree bend due to other structural obstacles that are present within the walls. I really don't think this is going to be a problem. I am just duplicating the drain pipe arrangement that was previously in place with the copper pipes (just...
  6. RifRaf

Because that is how far away the 2" discharge pipe of the ejector pump will be located. Thanks for pointing this out! I am wet venting the the toilet thru a 2" lav drain pipe (see diagram in post #1). I just haven't completed that section of drain pipe/vent yet. There will also be a couple...
  7. RifRaf

The reason I went with the 4" SanTee vs a 4" Wye at the red cast iron hub is because I have about 30 feet of 4" drain pipe to run horizontally > starting at the red cast iron hub (shown in my photos above) and running along the basement wall over to the laundry room area (that is where the...
  8. RifRaf

Yes... agreed! The ejector pump discharge pipe will be 2" and run from the pump to a 4 x 2 Wye as shown in 712.3.5 below. "Pumps connected to the drainage system shall connect to a building sewer, building drain, soil stack, waste stack or horizontal branch drain. Where the discharge line...
  9. RifRaf

Got it!... The 4" to 3" rubber coupling shown is only temporary since I still have a 3" main drain pipe running thru the house. Once this bathroom is complete, I plan to change this rubber coupling to a shielded 4" when I change over the remaining main drain pipe size from 3" to 4"... but to do...
  10. RifRaf

I removed all of the copper drain pipes that were servicing this bathroom. I also removed the 3" copper pipe that was going into the cast iron hub leading to the septic tank (drilled out the lead and oakum). I needed to increase the main drain pipe size from 3” to 4” to handle the DFU’s...
  11. RifRaf

Pressure switch issue

I was unaware of this, but will definitely look into it. The well water here in Maryland is pretty acidic (I recently replaced all of the copper plumbing with CPVC due to leaks)... so there is a good chance that the well water has already eaten up the check valve in the control unit.
  12. RifRaf

Pressure switch issue

My pressure switch is attached to a Control Center Check Valve. The pressure switch and gauge a plumbed into the Control Center after the check valve to show the pressure that is in my holding tank. It's been this way since I bought the house over 30 years ago. I remember when we had our well...
  13. RifRaf

Pressure switch issue

Does your pressure switch set-up look like something similar to the attached image (my home set-up)? If so, The brass tube that feeds your pressure switch... or the pressure switch diaphragm could be clogged with dirt and the clog within the tube (or diaphragm) is keeping the pressure switch...
  14. RifRaf

Wayne, Thanks for the replay and suggestions! What I may do is run a 2" drain line for the LAV drain and then 1 1/2" LAV vent pipe. Is there any benefit to running a larger... or smaller branch drain pipe for the Shower and LAV (3" vs 2")? I just thought the 3" drain pipe would be less prone to...
  15. RifRaf

Why can't I wrap my head around the difference in a 10", 12", or 14" rough-in toilet?

I agree with Wayne. If the toilet flange is 12" from the finished wall (between the tub and the toilet, why not turn the toilet 90 degrees so you have a broader selection of toilets with a 12" rough-in... or is there something else within the ?? mark area of the attached plan? You would just...
  16. RifRaf

I am in the middle of a complete bathroom remodel and will be removing all of the old copper drain pipes (that hang below the floor joist) and replacing them with PVC DWV pipes and fittings (that will hang within the floor joist). Below is an image of the copper drain pipes I will be removing...
  17. RifRaf

Basement Bathroom Plans (Revised)

James Henry, Thank you for the feedback! Speaking of floor drains... I was wondering if there is any preference to what type of floor drain to use that would prevent back-flow. I have seen the 2" floor drain that incorporate a clean-out port molded into the drain/trap (see below) ... and have...
  18. RifRaf

Wayne, Thank you for the additional input and suggestions! I now understand the difference between dry venting vs wet venting a drainage pipe... thanks for clearing that up. I removed the extra WC vent per your suggestion (pointing out that the WC will now be wet venting thru the Shower vent)...
  19. RifRaf

James, Thank you for the comments! I have added a floor plan to the revised drawings below. wwhitney, Thank you for the comments! I revised the plans and added a dry vent to the shower. I did a little more reading on the forum and noticed that connecting a laundry sink drain into a wet vented...
  20. RifRaf

Moen Shower Cartridge Removal Tool

I know this is an old thread... but just wanted to add my experience with this issue (and resolution). Several years ago, I had to replace a leaky Moen cartridge shower valve and the "twisting" type tools were not working at all. Instead of going to the hardware store for a new tool, I just used...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks