Search results

1. Boman66

Relocating washer

You know, I might just cut more out and put a longer pvc connection in. At least enough so I can clean the cast iron out to the water closet connection.
  2. Boman66

Relocating washer

I did cut some of the cast. I think I need to make one of the cuts a little more square. That and rod that shirt piece of cast out some. It has quite a bit of buildup in it from probably never being cleaned. I have a small engine cylinder hone I thought I would try to use on cleaning it out...
  3. Boman66

Relocating washer

That combo is running almost directly in line with where the washer drain comes through the floor, but there is an old galvanized water pipe coming out of the ground in the way. The combo is coming from the wc connection at 22.5 degrees. I will be putting a 45 y in it to branch off and go to...
  4. Boman66

Relocating washer

Appreciate both you guys being so patient with my ignorant butt. Now having to deal with wife and granddaughter having Covid. Granddaughters second time since January. When it rains, it pours sometimes.
  5. Boman66

Relocating washer

This might be easier to see what I am dealing with. The 2” I show is the branch I think you are calling the combo that serves a lavatory and tub connected to a soul stack that goes through the roof. That combo/ branch is the one going toward where I want to put the washer with its own...
  6. Boman66

Relocating washer

I think you are referring to the clean out plug to the left. There is only one coming from the right. It is the one that serves the lavatory and tub. One of the pipes showing to the right is a just a piece of pvc left there by someone. It is not connected to anything. Just past the wc...
  7. Boman66

Relocating washer

This is where the branch drain connects to what I am calling the water closet. There are two toilets connected to it. So, I cannot connect new washer drain to it because it might siphon water from the toilets?
  8. Boman66

Relocating washer

Actually, there are two toilets connected with a wall between them. Since the main vent stack is between them and they are several inches away horizontally, how can anything else draining below their connections affect them, even if the main line below them gets full of water with the main vent...
  9. Boman66

Relocating washer

Since this 2” branch runs to the water closet that is 3” or 4”, would it still affect the toilet? The tub and lavatory do not seem to. They all three would be entering the water closet at the same place through the same branch. I might should add, the toilet is right above that water closet...
  10. Boman66

Relocating washer

The main vent goes up from the water closet.
  11. Boman66

Relocating washer

The new connection will be the y into that 2” drain that is serving the tub and lavatory. Notice the washer will have its own vent.
  12. Boman66

Relocating washer

Can I tie into that 2” drain downstream of the tub and lavatory drains which I assume are considered wet vented since they tie into that vertical vent. From what I can find out 6 dfu’s can go to a 2” soil pipe (branch). Washer,tub, and lavatory appear to be 5 dfu’s. Can I tie directly...
  13. Boman66

Relocating washer

Thank you for that clarification Wayne. I have been way over thinking this. Is that also minimum when tying into another vent that goes through the roof? It can be sloped more as long as it does not let water collect in it?
  14. Boman66

Relocating washer

Okay, I am a little confused. I thought the slope thing usually applied to horizontal drain lines. This one will be horizontal when it leaves the vertical under the floor. It can be sloped more than 1/4” per foot and not cause problem if the water moves faster than solids? Not sure if that...
  15. Boman66

Relocating washer

Thank both of you guys for responding. Can I increase the slant when I get close to the connection regardless whether I run it to that 2” or to the 4” at the water closet connection? Both places are right at ground level. Space between the ground and floor where washer will be is quite a bit...
  16. Boman66

Relocating washer

If I figured it right, sunk, tub, and washer is only 5 dfu. If that is a 2” pipe, it would be like one continuos 2” pipe connected at the water closet connection to 4” main drain. All three would have their own vent with the tub and small sink sharing the same through the roof vent shown...
  17. Boman66

Relocating washer

This is what I calling the branch drain for the tub and one sink. It is about 4’ from the main and water closet . It is in the direction of where I want to locate the washer. ( about 10’) Okay to connect washer drain there?
  18. Boman66

Relocating washer

This is the tub drain. I find it odd that it runs from the front of tub at the tub drain under the tub before it connects to the vent down to the drain. Correction: It appears both the kitchen sink and the master bath sink have there own vent. So, I guess I could run my washer drain to the...
  19. Boman66

Relocating washer

Hope this is the right picture showing the cleanout on the smaller drain the tub and a sink are tied to. P.S. I have not found a way to edit my posts here.
  20. Boman66

Relocating washer

There is a cleanout at the end of the branch drain where the tub is connected. Going to the 4” cleanout concerns me be cause it is upstream from the sink in the master bath that does not have its own drain. Guessing it is what is called wet vented into the 4” main. If I can figure a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks