Search results

1. Dustbunny

Are my downspout outlets plumbed correctly ?

They make very nice adapters from rectangular downspout to 4" drain. Lots of nifty stuff at big box stores.
  2. Dustbunny

Cottage septic ejector lid gushing water.....

Can you hear the pump running ?I
  3. Dustbunny

Drywall compound recommendations

The low dust stuff. Guess it's USG. (from homedepot) I'm on my 4th pail in 18 months or so. It keeps well and sands well. I usually spray inside the bucket with water when I get a glob out. Current bucket has been going since early last fall.
  4. Dustbunny

Bathroom renovation tile floor question

If you have a 2x4 wall and half inch drywall on each side, the part of the jamb between the walls will be 4 1/2 wide. If you have 2x3 walls, the 4 x 24 threshold will be fine
  5. Dustbunny

Bathroom renovation tile floor question

The marble thresholds I've seen come with different profiles. Meaning more or less thick and different angles towards the floor on each side. Some even have different angles on each side. So you need to decide what thickness and angle is the best compromise between meeting each floor height...
  6. Dustbunny

3" inside fit flange

I read those posts about not using the inside fit but then I wanted a no wax type seal and the Fernco type rubber seal only fits inside the pipe not a fitting. For some other reasons, I wanted that seal and used an inside fit flange which in that case has no exposed edge.
  7. Dustbunny

PEX pipe under joist to be changed to through joist plan

Why don't you put up strapping instead ?
  8. Dustbunny

Venting a shower and separate tub

Between the tub trap and the drain. Vents are to prevent siphoning of the traps. A 2" line can run 8' before it needs to be vented.
  9. Dustbunny

3 3” inch short 90s out of toilet

Two 45s instead of the 2 90s might be an improvement. I'm not a plumber so only a guess.
  10. Dustbunny

Venting a tub

Thanks, Wayne. I suspected that. Yes, it's next to a wall and an outside wall. I have a vertical dry vent ( 1.5") right there in the interior wall but it would need to go about 20" horizontal under the floor (thru a joist) to reach the drain line. I thought about sending the drain line thru the...
  11. Dustbunny

Venting a tub

I've been trying to figure this out for more than a year. The W/D and tub are on one long wall of the bath. I have finally figured out the other side of the room which is over the main drain line. The joists are 2x10" so can't really drill holes because the slope would take me out of the allowed...
  12. Dustbunny

Inset Toilet Flange Above Finished Floor Question

I am not a plumber but I just went thru something similar where I needed to use a 3/4" thick foam/plastic part from one brand of no-wax-ring to ensure that the (link below) no wax ring would stay stuck where it belongs. Take a look at the bottom of the toilet you intend to use to see how much...
  13. Dustbunny

These Asian bot-takeover posts.

Another forum I frequent blocked all chinese IP addresses. Another forum with this same spammer has made it that all new member posts must be reviewed (by an admin) before it posts.
  14. Dustbunny

Tips for installing pipe insulation on PEX

There are lots of different types and sizes of plastic pipe clamps. Many have just one nail/screw attachment. They come made to hold the pipe off the wall different amounts. I'd be looking for a 1" or 1 1/4" pipe clamp to go right around the insulation. They cost more...
  15. Dustbunny

Tankless water heater for closed loop shop floor

I am not a plumber but I think that a BTU is a BTU and a different way to heat the water is going to use the same amount of electricity. You might gain a small savings by using a tempering valve so some of the return water went right back out again but still... a BTU is a BTU
  16. Dustbunny

What color is your toilet?

The house I'm repairing was built in 1990. I have thrown out the pink toilet and shower but made a lot of effort to save the matching blue toilet and tub. Eljer . This is the original bath. I moved that giant tub across the hall and built a new bath so I could have a place to connect the vent...
  17. Dustbunny

Need 30 and 60 degree 3/4" copper elbows

I was ABsolutely sure I saw 60 degree yesterday. Thought it was strange. Made a special stop to check today and you all are right.... Guess it was just my dyslexia fooling with me. Sorry.
  18. Dustbunny

No, it was 3/4inch copper. I was buying 90s.
  19. Dustbunny

I saw 60 degree at Home Depot today.
  20. Dustbunny

Testing for COVID

Sorry you're not feeling A1 and it comes at an inconvienient time ! Worldometer says 83 million cases of the virus in the US. Population 330 million so there is a way to go to half.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks