Search results

1. jfkopper

Power disconnect panel for spa...

If your spa is ever used by kids, I would suggest placing the disconnect low enough to be easily used by the youngest---if Mom gets her hair caught in the suction port, help might need to come from the smallest of spa mates. For a scary (and tragic, but relevant) story see...
  2. jfkopper

Best way to drywall 8'2" ceiling

Put the 2 inch strip at the bottom ... Push the sheetrock to the ceiling, so that the 2 inch gap is at the bottom. Fill the gap with a strip of sheetrock and tape the joint in the usual way, but cover (as in "hide") the joint with the baseboard---typically at least 4in tall. Be safe, /kop
  3. jfkopper

Lighted Head Gear

Strap light better than hat light Besides the hat light's bill being in the way for lighting close-up work, the hat light (at 18.99 + ship) compared to this strap model ...
  4. jfkopper

3/4 supply.....1/2 section.....3/4 run....

" ... I really like those charts about the copper ..." A master plumber saying he's impressed---that makes my day. /kop
  5. jfkopper

options for a confined space Consider bypassing the 1/2" bootleneck with a run a new pipe at 3/4" OR even 1" diameter (@ $3 a foot in Type L copper nowadays---PEX looks better and better). Pick the exit and reentry points into the existing line to be those easiest to work at. The water flow...
  6. jfkopper

Galv pipe vs balck iron/ teflon tape

At least one state's plumbing code forbids the use of galvanized pipe for fuel gas plumbing. (Whether this prohibition is scientifically valid---I don't know.) As always, best to do what the AHJ requires. Be safe, /kop
  7. jfkopper

Referring to http://www.irrigationtutorials.com/copperloss.htm and assuming worst case that a) the 1/2" length is Type L copper (type M is thinner and thus larger in ID) and b) the flow rate is 5 GPM (very hot shower at very high volume), the pressure loss in 1 foot of 1/2" is less than...
  8. jfkopper

Soundproofing

Generally, the fire codes require that foam insulation products installed in/on walls and ceilings be covered with a material of a suitable fire rating. One possibility is radiant barrier (like heavy Al foil). I recommend you take a look at the Green Glue option. The data are pretty...
  9. jfkopper

Soundproofing

This product http://www.greengluecompany.com/ was mentioned in a letter to Fine Homebuilding magazine (FH, Issue 185, March 2007, pg 10) comparing sound control products. The lab data are compelling and the ease of use in remodeling very attractive. I plan to try this product on my next...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks