Search results

1. WoodchuckDIY

Master Suite Bath Drain Advice - Tub and Bath Separate

@wwhitney got it! The only unanswered question above was around using flex couplings. I assume I'm able to use flex couplings between floor joists on the 2" shared drain (as I can't fit a full piece of pipe between joists). Can I do the same when modifying the main stack? One flex coupling...
  2. WoodchuckDIY

@wwhitney this is fantastic! I think your main recommendation will work perfectly for us. Doing some measurements this morning confirms I should be able to go with your recommendation (confirmed trap fall distance). Here's my plan of attack based on your note along with planned fittings, please...
  3. WoodchuckDIY

Attached a "blank" floor plan with just the main stack location. We'd love to do a stand alone center drain tub (wife is fairly set on this) - unless there's a serious reason not to. Sounds like venting the shower in the wall between the lav and wc is the thing to do then.
  4. WoodchuckDIY

@wwhitney Floor plan attached with Joist and current drain locations. Nothing venting into the stack from above (attic space then roof). The washer vents into the main stack 54 inches above the bathroom floor line (as seen in the last photo of my first post). I can redraw my "planned" drains...
  5. WoodchuckDIY

@wwhitney good call out. Currently planning to separate the two lavs and the toilet with a wall. Given that I cannot do a horizontal run to vent the shower and tub, are you saying a single short wall with a vertical 2" run of ~12" then over to the West wall and up would be sufficient venting...
  6. WoodchuckDIY

Hello All! I've been perusing the forums (and much of the web for that matter) without finding details on the proper way to vent a stand alone shower and stand alone tub into the same drain line. In addition to this, open to any feedback/concerns/advice on my general plans for the relocation...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks