Search results

1. PipeGRX

Sump Pump Design Feedback

Hi all, Thanks very much for the feedback! I've updated the system diagram based on your input. @breplum - thanks for the advice on check valves and weep holes. Based on some further reading, I also added ball valves above each check valve to make it easier to remove the check valves or pumps...
  2. PipeGRX

Hi @skyjumper, nice to meet a GR native, and thanks for the feedback! Thanks for the perspective on the Yeti battery backup! I think maybe the diagram wasn't clear: I'm only planning to run one pump through the battery, and the other would be directly plugged into the wall. Can you expand a...
  3. PipeGRX

@gagecalman, we are located in an urban area, so are on public water and sewage.
  4. PipeGRX

Thanks very much for the quick reply and helpful feedback! I've generally heard that it's helpful to have the check valves above the sump pit so that it's easier to service them. I'll try to do that here, and have updated the diagram accordingly. I was planning to use electronic float...
  5. PipeGRX

Hi all, After some recent misadventures caused by an aging sump pump system, I'm planning to replace our current setup with a "spare no expense" system to hopefully last 5-10 years of worry-free pumping. Attached is a diagram of the planned system, with a photo of the location and current...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks