Search results

1. Ed_D

Fleck 5600SXT: replacement of Econominder head and change in resin tank size

Just wanted to add a final post to this thread. The softener has run through several regenerations at this point and I've measured water hardness at several points in time/remaining capacity, including times when it was in reserve capacity. Every time it has measured 1GPG. (1 drop of reagent...
  2. Ed_D

Thanks Reach 4. I've been monitoring the performance of the softener through it's first demand-based regeneration since installation of the SXT. Measured the hardness using Hatch 5B and post regeneration last night and it's at 1 drop of reagent. I'll check again when close to...
  3. Ed_D

Thanks, Reach 4. I'll confirm the injector but it is labeled as having a #1 injector. Since the control head is new, I'm going to be shocked if it or the screen show deposits. I should add that there was a significant amount of brine already in the tank at the time that I changed the meter...
  4. Ed_D

Hi All, I was able to replace the Econominder with the SXT control head this weekend. A few comments and a question: As noted by Reach 4, I changed out the DLFC to the 3.5GPM required for a 12" diameter tank, kept the BLFC at 0.5 and the #1 injector. I ended up keeping the FM = t0.7 as the...
  5. Ed_D

Thanks again, Reach4. I'm probably a week and a half out from swapping the control heads but I'll report back after with the 'bucket test' to validate the accurate decrement of the remaining capacity. Ed
  6. Ed_D

Oh, and one other question: do I need to change the injector? Currently a #1 installed in the SXT
  7. Ed_D

Thank you for the quick and detailed reply, Reach4. To answer your questions: A 9x48 tank will have 1 cuft of resin. A 12x52 will have 2 cuft of resin. I suspect your new tank is 52 inch high. The new resin tank is a Clack 1248. I chose the same height tank as the original so that I would...
  8. Ed_D

Hello, I appreciate the help of the many on this forum in terms of supporting people like me (somewhat clueless homeowner) and our water softener questions. I've gone through many of the posts and I think I have a good idea of what I need to do but would like a second (or third, or fourth...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks