Search results

1. SuperNewUser

Leaky tub faucet from the 1950s

It does make sense and this is what happened to me probably. Luckily I didn't need to replace the seat, because the leak is gone after greasing everything and properly tightening the packing nut. Also I learned about plumber's putty and used that too. Thanks for your help! Amazing forum here!
  2. SuperNewUser

I found someone with the exact same stem: https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/repcal-help-identifying-1950s-pfister-2-handle-shower-stems.97424/ So I replaced the washer, but the faucet is still dripping a bit. I'll probably need a replacement set including seat now. This looks...
  3. SuperNewUser

Repcal, Help identifying 1950s Pfister? 2 handle shower stems

Ok, I figured it out. Indeed it was just a matter of removing the nut and then keep turning left! May I ask where you got the chrome replacement stem from? Thanks!
  4. SuperNewUser

Repcal, Help identifying 1950s Pfister? 2 handle shower stems

Hi RayGromer, I've stumbled across your thread here while trying to identify my setup. See https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/leaky-tub-faucet-from-the-1950s.98305/ It looks like we have identical setups. The packing nut (in front of the bushing) specifically looks exactly like...
  5. SuperNewUser

Hi Jeff, Agreed! They allow for a lot of water to flow. Very convenient. So that's the part I'm confused about. My understanding is that I need to remove the packing nut (the brass nut with the two flat sides that sits in front of the black "cloth"-like stuff) and the continue turning the...
  6. SuperNewUser

I think it could actually be this: https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/repcal-help-identifying-1950s-pfister-2-handle-shower-stems.97424/ ! Which would mean I would have to remove the packing nut and then just continue turning the stem to the left and it should come out. A "Repcal"...
  7. SuperNewUser

Thanks, Terry! Much appreciated! Let's see if anybody else has seen this type of setup before.
  8. SuperNewUser

Hi John, Thanks for your reply! I successfully removed the packing nut. But I can't remove the stem. Pulling does not seem to help. Do I have to use a wrench to keep turning the stem leftwards? How would I go about using the socket wrench? Are you saying it should go over the visible body...
  9. SuperNewUser

Hi there, first time poster. This faucet is dripping and I was trying disassemble the cold water side here. This is in an Eichler home from 1954. Presumably original. Unfortunately I do not know how to remove the stem. To me it seems like the packing nut can be removed (I hope I have...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks