Search results

1. HDtvkeith

Age old question of brass fittings into stainless

I think I know the answer to this and I am sure I will probably get different answers as my friend Google gave me mixed results. I have water filters that have 1 inch stainless steel female connections. I used 1 inch male to 3/4 Propex brass fittings with teflon thread tape. Not sure why I...
  2. HDtvkeith

How long to get fitting in with PEX-A?

So I have 2 tricky place I need to put a PEX-a elbow. I have limited space and will have to expand one pipe then slide it through 2 joists (about 4 inches apart to get it into the small space the elbow and pipe will be. Since I have not done PEX-a before how long from the time I pull off the...
  3. HDtvkeith

How much clearance does a propress need in a tight space?

I am repiping my home. 37 year old copper that has had 5 pinhole leaks in the last 6 months. Going with Pex-A. I am not in the mood to pull the shower valves since they are 7 years old and were put in when we remodeled at that time. I would like to keep the copper coming out the sides of the...
  4. HDtvkeith

Rehau vs. Uponor?

I am about to re-pipe my home. Started down the urn cinch clamp thinking then went to Zurn expansion. Both ended quickly when Zurn is not heavily carried in Atlanta. The 2 bigger retailers/supply shops seem to be PEX-A with one being mostly Uponor the other being Rehau. People that use Uponor...
  5. HDtvkeith

Anal OCD person contemplates decisions around house re-pipe and PEX.

OK, please bear with me. First I am a bit anal and OCD, and yes my wife is still with me, ha. When we remodeled a few years back it took about 4 months before we started because I built a spreadsheet with everything we were buying, links to everything and prices. The good thing was we stayed...
  6. HDtvkeith

Zurn expansion vs cinch

I am getting ready to re-pipe my home. I am going to tackle a great deal of it myself. I am leaning toward Zurn PEX for a few reason over PEX A. The appeal of Zurn is it can be expanded as well. The issue I have is I find very few references of people that did Zurn and expansion vs. clamp/cinch...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks