Search results

1. Kevinjm4

Concentric venting tankless (natural gas)

For a vent pipe like the one pictured, how far beyond the siding must/should the vent extend? I imagine as long as the intake holes can get outside air into them plus a few inches, but I don’t want to just take an educated guess. Thanks
  2. Kevinjm4

Help needed septic drain pipe

Accidentally poked through my septic drain pipe. Not drain field pipe. Pipe from septic to d-box. Barely touched it with my pick knowing I was close but still hit it. Anyways, my plan is to use some pvc cement to “weld” the cracks that go both directions, and then use either a coupling or...
  3. Kevinjm4

Becoming a plumber

I’m in the middle of switching into the plumbing industry. I am a welder with 10+ years experience and want to become a plumber to better support my family. I was wondering if anyone who knows about this can give me some advice and/or help me figure something out… When you join the union near...
  4. Kevinjm4

Kingston brass kb36330PX Tub spout dribbling

Installed the valve over the weekend and no leaks when pressurized. However when the diverter valve is turned to both off and shower there is a steady dribble coming out of tub spout. And obviously when turned to tub it runs. I took it all apart as far as I can tell nothing is missing or...
  5. Kevinjm4

Shower/tub valve testing

When you’re testing your tub/shower valve for leaks is it a good idea to leave the tub on for a day - capped - ie a long period of time) and the shower on for the next day - capped- to see if all the fittings are good or is this unnecessary/unwise even? Or should I just check them quick while...
  6. Kevinjm4

Kingston Brass Tub valve help

This is a Kingston brass valve model KB36330PX. Getting ready to solder but I don’t know if I need to take beige piece out, nor do I want to try as I’m afraid I’ll break it. Seems to be a hard plastic. Also, the piece right by my thumb is what turns the ball valve I don’t see a way to remove it...
  7. Kevinjm4

Plumbing career advice?

Not sure if this would be the place but does anyone have advice getting into the plumbing trade? Specific advice or general doesn’t matter anything is appreciated. Currently I am a welder, been so going on 10 years or so, but thinking about the switch. Better money, could move anywhere in the...
  8. Kevinjm4

Venting anything not a lav

(Edit: after reading further on this website in an older post it looks like I am able to wet vent the shower here. So that seems to be much simpler than what I drew up, but I would still like fitting help with exactly how to do that with the tub, and what size vent should wye off the tub as...
  9. Kevinjm4

Washer drain ptrap

Sorry for the flood of questions this morning... appreciate all the help very much. My washing machine has never had an issue, but the ptrap is just below the floor (in the crawl space). I looked it up and it needs to be 6-18” off floor. Mine obviously was plumbed wrong. Should this be...
  10. Kevinjm4

Un-shielded fernco couplings

this is where I wish I had the experience to know if I’m good to move on with my project or make the correction now... with fernco un-shielded couplings (see attached photo), is there a rule of thumb for the amount of deflection allowed. I have a coupling joint where there are a few degrees of...
  11. Kevinjm4

How much able to go on one 2” drain?

I am routing my laundry room waste currently, and it is convenient for me to have the laundry mud sink connect to my double vanity/tub 2” drain line in the bathroom, before connecting to the 3” toilet. (Mud sink to lav drain (estimate) 12’. if this is critical I can get better than an estimate)...
  12. Kevinjm4

Vent through roof once or multiple times

Is it ideal to have one or a few vent pipes through roof? I’ve always heard keep it to as few penetrations as possible, but I figured that was mostly to limit leak opportunities. But is there any preference to having one vent pipe vs. a few? Strictly regarding venting “performance” if you will...
  13. Kevinjm4

DWV layout help!

This already has existing waste and vent pipes installed (they haven’t poked through roof just yet thankfully), however as in an earlier thread they are most likely wrong. It contains two horizontal vents under the floor. I will also post a drawing to the best of my ability how they are...
  14. Kevinjm4

Remodel bathroom DWV help

Hi I’m from Snoqualmie, WA (unincorporated King County). I’m looking for some drain/vent rough in help. I will post two pictures here. One of the way the plumbing has been done by a plumber. The other of just a blank canvas of what it is we’re working with. Forgive me if this is not the group...
  15. Kevinjm4

Help with double lav code

I have a couple of code related questions for a double lav. as I cannot get a hold of my plumbing inspector (Seattle). For the 4 way fitting where the two drains converge it seems like there’s a couple of options.. Double Sanitary tee seems to be out of the question, more or less... but what...
  16. Kevinjm4

Re-use ABS fitting after glue has dried

I glued two pieces together (ABS and medium cement Oatey blue and white can) and quickly removed it before it set because I made a mistake in my measurement. 30 minutes later I used that same fitting and put a fresh piece of ABS into it - as you normally would - glue on the pipe and fresh glue...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks