Search results

1. Kevinjm4

Concentric venting tankless (natural gas)

Would this be used with my pipe? Would my pipe connect into your 90 and vent up? Or are you showing me typically this is all that’s needed on an exterior wall install and just vents direct outside. not sure I understand. Thanks
  2. Kevinjm4

Concentric venting tankless (natural gas)

For a vent pipe like the one pictured, how far beyond the siding must/should the vent extend? I imagine as long as the intake holes can get outside air into them plus a few inches, but I don’t want to just take an educated guess. Thanks
  3. Kevinjm4

Help needed septic drain pipe

With aluminum, you drill a hole at the crack end. PVC the same? I live in Seattle a very mild climate
  4. Kevinjm4

Thanks for the reply. Not a thing to disagree with there. I never said it was perfect job. With the roots though I was thinking of backfilling with gravel to do everything possible to keep roots at bay… probably wouldn’t matter but it might at least slow them down in the event of an opening in...
  5. Kevinjm4

I don’t think I understand how if you’re at a fitting it makes it easier. Also what’s wrong with a patch in a pressureless system?
  6. Kevinjm4

Accidentally poked through my septic drain pipe. Not drain field pipe. Pipe from septic to d-box. Barely touched it with my pick knowing I was close but still hit it. Anyways, my plan is to use some pvc cement to “weld” the cracks that go both directions, and then use either a coupling or...
  7. Kevinjm4

Becoming a plumber

I’m in the middle of switching into the plumbing industry. I am a welder with 10+ years experience and want to become a plumber to better support my family. I was wondering if anyone who knows about this can give me some advice and/or help me figure something out… When you join the union near...
  8. Kevinjm4

Kingston brass kb36330PX Tub spout dribbling

Hmm. Terry, is there not a way to just release the water out of the riser on this particular style of shower valve? If water has to drip while shower is on that’s fine but if when it’s in the off position it drips continuously I’m not sure that seems right - I know what you were saying about it...
  9. Kevinjm4

Yes where it says “the water flow will not shut off completely from the spout per code requirements” is what I meant to highlight in sharing the disclaimer on the side of the box. I mean, maybe I never noticed this while the shower was on in my entire life, that’s fine if it has to be that way...
  10. Kevinjm4

when the diverter valve is turned to both off and shower there is a steady dribble coming out of tub spout. And obviously when turned to tub it runs The dribbling (slow but steady flow) never stops. I’m wondering if what it says on the box is what’s going on and there actually isn’t a problem...
  11. Kevinjm4

Does this explain my “problem”?
  12. Kevinjm4

Installed the valve over the weekend and no leaks when pressurized. However when the diverter valve is turned to both off and shower there is a steady dribble coming out of tub spout. And obviously when turned to tub it runs. I took it all apart as far as I can tell nothing is missing or...
  13. Kevinjm4

Shower/tub valve testing

When you’re testing your tub/shower valve for leaks is it a good idea to leave the tub on for a day - capped - ie a long period of time) and the shower on for the next day - capped- to see if all the fittings are good or is this unnecessary/unwise even? Or should I just check them quick while...
  14. Kevinjm4

Kingston Brass Tub valve help

So looks like I tug on 25 to get that out as only hold up is o-rings. And with 11 I’m not sure if 12 is an o-ring or not, if it is I definitely need it out. If not an o-ring I would still like it out since I know I’ll likely be slower than a pro and 11 might be plastic. So, grab hold with some...
  15. Kevinjm4

Kingston Brass Tub valve help

This is a Kingston brass valve model KB36330PX. Getting ready to solder but I don’t know if I need to take beige piece out, nor do I want to try as I’m afraid I’ll break it. Seems to be a hard plastic. Also, the piece right by my thumb is what turns the ball valve I don’t see a way to remove it...
  16. Kevinjm4

Plumbing career advice?

I’m Assuming you mean a loss... at first. But eventually not.
  17. Kevinjm4

Plumbing career advice?

Perhaps I have a glamorous view of plumbers. It seems to me the options are simpler, and more than what a welder has. It seems relatively easy to start a plumbing business if that’s the route I wanted to take eventually. I can guarantee you no one in my neighborhood is googling “welder near me”...
  18. Kevinjm4

Plumbing career advice?

Not sure if this would be the place but does anyone have advice getting into the plumbing trade? Specific advice or general doesn’t matter anything is appreciated. Currently I am a welder, been so going on 10 years or so, but thinking about the switch. Better money, could move anywhere in the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks