Search results

1. Cabin Country

Second tie-in on wet vent helpful? See Photo.

My apologies on the diagram. The washing machine and shower have their own traps. I just found the answer to my question through a bunch of digging. Thank you for your time.
  2. Cabin Country

Second tie-in on wet vent helpful? See Photo.

Hello folks. I have a quick question about a wet vent setup. This picture I attached hopefully explains the situation. My question is if I came off of the laundry drain hookup, and tied into the vanity wet vent, would it aid in venting the shower/laundry? One thing to note is, it would be...
  3. Cabin Country

What did I get myself into - Plumbing with NO venting?

Owww I get how your looking at that. Thanks everyone for your time!
  4. Cabin Country

Bingo, the LT90 answers it. I do have a 2x6 wall behind the toilet, I'll figure something out on how to terminate it weather it's up into the wall or at floor level like you mentioned.
  5. Cabin Country

But in your drawing, the toilet is not the most downstream, but rather the bath sink/shower are. Unless I'm misunderstanding?
  6. Cabin Country

HA! This is starting to make sense. If I can get a vertical cleanout installed, what would you recommend I use to make the turn from vertical into the 4" horizontal main, combo wye to help guide the snake if needed? I think I could tie into the end of the 4" main and turn it up into the wall...
  7. Cabin Country

OK, I get what your saying. So I'm learning a lot and greatly appreciate it. One thing I'm not clear on is the importance of the timing of the connection of the kitchen. Why does the kitchen need to connect after the bathroom drains? Is it because of the venting issue?
  8. Cabin Country

Thanks for your input. According to your drawing, your saying the bathroom sink and shower drain should come into the main drain, DOWN stream of the toilet? I believe WWhitney above stated to have the two drains enter the main line before the toilet. (see my drawing). OR were you just making a...
  9. Cabin Country

I see what your saying, that makes sense. Thanks again for your time. CC
  10. Cabin Country

Everything you said makes sense. I'll see if I can get a vertical vent off the main line upstream of the toilet/WC and run it up the wall cavity. Should the vent be before the shower/vanity or after, or does it not matter considering the vanity drain will be vented out the roof? Either way...
  11. Cabin Country

So if I'm understanding you correctly, is my drawing correct then? Looks like I'll be tearing it up in the spring. No way I want to take a risk of it being an issue and having to tear this bathroom apart after the fact.
  12. Cabin Country

So I did a bunch of digging online and found an explanation on the differences of the wye and the sanitary tee. Found this diagram to help others understand it.
  13. Cabin Country

I've been talking to the son, and texting him pictures. I showed him a wye and a sanitary tee, and he said it wasn't the wye they used. So that settles that. I explained the idea of busting up a section, and he said the center of the slab is 5" thick hardened concrete, not the normal 4k psi...
  14. Cabin Country

This is something I was worried about, can you elaborate please? I did ask and he said there is a sanitary tee coming from the toilet into the main line, at that main junction.
  15. Cabin Country

Correct its in Minnesota. I didn't want to confuse the initial conversation to much, but there is a 12ftX16ft cedar log cabin already onsite, it will be used as the kitchen area. So with the log building, I can't run the vent in the wall with the exposed log interior. Hence the need for the AAV...
  16. Cabin Country

Sounds like I can just wet vent the system through the bathroom sink/lav drain, and do so through the roof. But from what I'm understanding the order is not correct. With the way it's laid out, and I vent through the bathroom sink/lav and also put an air admittance valve at the kitchen sink (...
  17. Cabin Country

Long story short, I purchased a piece of property with a simple one level cabin foundation. One bathroom with shower/toilet/vanity and a kitchen sink. The guy was doing it all himself and passed away mid project. His son has been helping me with questions and has supplied photos of the build to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks