Search results

1. HumanJHawkins

Start Capacitor for Failing Pump

For anyone who was following this, a slightly larger start capacitor has it working consistently for now. I know this isn't a proper fix, but hopefully it will buy me a few months or more. I took the opportunity to redesign the plumbing. @valveman, I'm planning to install a CSV tomorrow, along...
  2. HumanJHawkins

Great info all. Will let the group know how it turns out. To answer some of the questions, the capacitors test to right in the middle of their range with a Fluke meter. Will see if a 10% larger start cap decreases the percent of start failures. I haven't pulled and tested the relay, but it is...
  3. HumanJHawkins

I have a 350 ft. well with a 17 year old 2HP pump. Recently, the overload has intermittently tripped instead of the pump starting. I have only noticed failure on startup. If it happens to run, it always fills the tank. When it fails, I can shut off the breaker, wait a few seconds, turn the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks