Search results

1. Dan Pick

Name that faucet

AmStd This is an old American Standard valve from the early 1980's. It has a ceramic cartridge. You should be able to find a replacement cartridge at a well stocked plumbing wholesaler. Good Luck
  2. Dan Pick

Delta shower valve opinions

Delta 1700 Series This is great valve. I installed (2) in the last year in my home. Another feature of this faucet is that it has temperature memory. When you turn this valve on it will go to the last set temperature.
  3. Dan Pick

Can someone identify the model of this delta faucet

Correction Glad to hear everything worked out. Actually its a 1500 Series Pressure Balance valve........the predecessor of the current 1700 Series
  4. Dan Pick

Help plumbers cant find the leak!

Shoot the neighbor! Problem solved. Neighbors like that should live in a tent somewhere in the mountains alone.
  5. Dan Pick

Anyone use Fiberock?

Good stuff........I used it on my bathroom floor as a water resistant barrier prior to setting tile. Very similar to "Hardibacker". 1/4" is great to work with, but 1/2" is extremely difficult to score and snap even with a carbide scoring tool.
  6. Dan Pick

frameless shower glass question

The Impossible just takes a little longer You gotta remember a lot of installers are always looking for the easiest way to install with the greatest margin or error to correct any and all unforseen errors. I agree with Geniescience that it can be done with no clamps or u channel. You have...
  7. Dan Pick

Mystery Shower Valve - ID Help!

I think you got it. Am Std made a lot of ceramic disks cartridge faucets before they discovered they were not the next greatest thing in the world.
  8. Dan Pick

Delta 1755SS Shower/Tub Faucet

Limit Stop HJ is correct. Read the installation instructions and re-set the "High Temperature Limit Stop". This mechanical limiter keeps this valve and the user seeing the full hot water temperature coming from the hot water heater. This is an easy fix......
  9. Dan Pick

Why 2" drain for shower

I wouldn't make the statement that DIY'ers are doing it the "easy way". The easy way would be a call a plumber or contractor and have him do it. Give him or her all your money and take what he provides as quality work. Most DIY'ers are looking at a cost effective alternative to having a...
  10. Dan Pick

Help on Tub Surround!

If you've had 2 out of 3 cracked in the box.........I think I would be leary of putting this up in my house as a long term solution. I would suggest going with acrylic or solid surface. You'll pay more up front but you'll thank me everyday after the install. You're saving enough on the DIY...
  11. Dan Pick

Fiberglass shower recommendations

If you want it to last and be easy to clean I would definetly go with acrylic. Today's fiberglass is junk. One more cost reduction by thinning the wall thickness and all units will break in shipping. Or you could go with solid surface, Swanstone, Viktrel......etc. This is a great...
  12. Dan Pick

New Shower for basement remodel

If you are leaning towards to the one piece units or multi-piece remodeling units I would strongly recommend acrylic over fiberglass. Fiberglass today is junk! They have cost reduced......value engineered that product until it is guaranteed to crack in 3-5 years. Acrylic installed properly...
  13. Dan Pick

Delta shower diverter

Here is a link to part you are looking for: http://www.shop.com/op/aprod-p51445231-k24-g1-~delta+push+diverter-nover I believe it is an RP5649
  14. Dan Pick

Customer problem RE: water heater & tub

Is this a jetted tub by any chance? Adding cool air is an even quicker way to drop the water temperature in the tub. What about an inline heater? I don't see anyway a 50 gal electric water heater can keep up with a 90 jetted tub.....
  15. Dan Pick

50 year old 3 valve tube/shower faucet question

A 50+ year old faucet is about at the end of its life depending on how aggressive the water is in your area. I would suggest replacing the faucet. The negative is that you will need a remodeling plate to transition to a single handle pressure balance valve or have a few extra tiles for the wall.
  16. Dan Pick

No water to bathtub

Have you run the clothes washer since the tub shower quit working? If the construction was actually repairing the water line instead of the sewer line I've seen sand and gravel clog water supplies. Most washing machine lines have screens in the supply inlets and they are usually the first to...
  17. Dan Pick

bathroom in basement jackhammer ??

I'm no expert but do you realize a wall mount toilet requires a cast iron carrier? Josam is the manufacturer that comes to mind but I know there are others.
  18. Dan Pick

a good day--my personal best

Mark I can't believe you posted pics like that.........now everybody will want one:D Sometimes it just seems like everything falls into place. Take a day off and go fishin'
  19. Dan Pick

Presoldered copper pipe...good or bad idea?

I had only seen these presoldered fittings about 3 months ago so I bought what I needed for the tub shower valve replacement and they worked great. When I went back to buy more for the basement shower valve they were all on sale and no longer going to be restocking them. I can only guess they...
  20. Dan Pick

Copper water tube.......

Has to be the oldest plumbing question in the book, but I can't seem to find a direct answer. 1/2" CWT L or M (red or blue) for residential application? Running new supply lines for shower valve, wet bar, laundry sink and washer hose supply box this weekend. Any preferences. guys? Seems to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks