Search results

1. Smorrison0702

Vintage wall hung sink mounting help

Hi all, I picked up what appears to be a wall hung vintage sink made by Richmond and am planning to install it in a bathroom. The bathroom is not yet sheetrocked so I have access to studs and can add blocking as necessary. I’ve searched around for how to install a sink like this but haven’t...
  2. Smorrison0702

Leveling WC waste stub when installing closet bend

That makes sense--thanks! For future reference, how does one go about introducing the 2% grade into a 90 degree fitting while keeping the vertical section plumb? Is the 'play' in the fitting enough to make the final angle more obtuse to get the right slope?
  3. Smorrison0702

Leveling WC waste stub when installing closet bend

Hi all, I'm installing a WC waste stub under concrete slab and run in to a possible issue installing the closet bend. The primary waste line is about 1.5' deep, so I added a section of 4" abs using a coupler at the closet bend. However, in order to achieve 1/4" slope at the first (short)...
  4. Smorrison0702

Venting setup

Thanks Wayne—apologies on the drawing; my 3D skills are lacking! The 3-2 wye is horizontal though so it sounds like I should be ok. The trap arm is 4’ from weir to vent. It also seemed in the code that there isn’t a requirement for a cleanout along the shower trap arm? Is that right? I have a...
  5. Smorrison0702

Venting setup

Sorry for the extra reply. I’ve got. Good deal of vertical space to work with so I’m wondering if this setup would be permissible?
  6. Smorrison0702

Venting setup

Thanks for the quick reply Wayne. That makes sense. Unfortunately the most downstream wye exists just inside the foundation (the plumbing to be installed is under a slab) so connecting anything downstream of that wye won't work. Any other options short of adding a second vent to the section...
  7. Smorrison0702

Venting setup

Hi all, First time posting to this forum but have been coming here for advice for a while! I am working on the DWV setup for a new bathroom. I want to make sure that the attached setup will properly vent the shower. I’ve seen wet vent diagrams showing both a WC and shower downstream of a vent...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks