Search results

1. RMO194

Sump Pump replacement

Just curious how you know I have 1-1/8 inch pipe?
  2. RMO194

Sump Pump replacement

So, it appears the rubber ends are reversible? I'm confused--are you recommending I flip them to look like the second picture? Currently, mine looks like the first picture (although the two worms are side-by-side, rather than one near the green body and one at the end of the black rubber opening.
  3. RMO194

Sump Pump replacement

In other words, just like the picture in post #11, right?
  4. RMO194

Sump Pump replacement

By 'side-by-side,' I mean two worms touching each other (like I have currently). A third would go at the very top (as seen in post #11).
  5. RMO194

Sump Pump replacement

So the two worms side-by-side, and not with one near the opening? Or maybe a THIRD worm could help??
  6. RMO194

Sump Pump replacement

Two questions: 1) Putting a clamp 'on the opposite side of the other,' are you saying to make it look like the picture that you attached? One clamp on the very end of the black rubber, and one clamp nearest to the green body? 2) By cocked, do you mean how I have the tightening screws to the...
  7. RMO194

Sump Pump replacement

Update: The new sump pump has arrived, and I thought I had everything set up. Threw some water in the sump...but unfortunately, I have leaking! It appears to be coming from the connection at the top of the check valve. I did not use any pipe cement on the check valve connections; I simply...
  8. RMO194

Sump Pump replacement

Should I cut just below that first elbow? Also, please see my check valve question above. Thanks a bunch!
  9. RMO194

Sump Pump replacement

Here are pics of the old dead pump. Is it OK to use the Oatey all-purpose purple primer and cement, or is their rain-r-shine recommended?
  10. RMO194

Sump Pump replacement

The weep hole, angled downward, right?
  11. RMO194

Sump Pump replacement

Greetings! You guys were so helpful about a year ago when I was re-plumbing a bathroom sink under a new vanity. Now I am trying my hand at a sump pump replacement. The old one died after about 7 years. After some research, I am going with a Zoeller M63. I considered Liberty Pumps, as well...
  12. RMO194

Help--I have a leak!

I discovered this crack (and resulting leak) at the top cap of this pipe under a valve cover this afternoon. Not exactly sure what it is, but I do believe it is the only one like it in my system. Should I be able to fix myself without calling my irrigation company? Thanks in advance! Ryan
  13. RMO194

Replacing Pedestal Sink with Vanity

This is how it looks. It's working like a champ!
  14. RMO194

Moen shower cartridge retaining clip

I had to have a plumbing company come out and remove. And they had quite the struggle with it, too! They had to remove it in pieces. I believe too much moisture had been getting inside the faucet handle, as I had recently (4 or 5 months ago) installed a new shower head that had a wider spray...
  15. RMO194

Success! No leaks. Thanks for all the pointers and patience!
  16. RMO194

Is that 2% upward toward the waste hole in the wall, or 2% downward to the hole?
  17. RMO194

OK, I'm feeling this is it! Could I get some confirmation from the experts? I changed the 45 to a 90, and went from a 1-1/4 p-trap to a 1-1/2. Thanks Reach4! I really like how the piece that fits into the 90 stays parallel to the ground at just the right height.
  18. RMO194

I have a Ferguson plumbing supply store very close to me. https://www.ferguson.com Would they have these?
  19. RMO194

Is such a screw-on brass 45 something that can be found at Lowe's?
  20. RMO194

Well...this is the current status tonight. Everything connected below, but causing the tailpiece to not be perpendicular (see the crooked drain above the sink). The extension is as high as it can go. What to do?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks