Search results

1. Kistle

Expansion Tank vs Static Pressure

Thanks for all the guidance, guys! I will try to remember to report back here after getting the PRV rebuilt or replaced. I did buy the Watts PLT-5 ET. Should be fine after I get the dang static pressure down within range.
  2. Kistle

Ok, water heater drain confirmed at 105 p.s.i with cold and hot water dribbling. Can we say with relatively certainty that I have a failed PRV?
  3. Kistle

Thanks Reach4!
  4. Kistle

Certainly Terry's suggestion of confirming the pressure measurement "inside" the house makes sense before starting to replace the PRV. Washer tap is not easy access. Any special tricks for checking the water heater drain? Assume leave everything on? I.e. the ball valve that supplies the...
  5. Kistle

Yep, getting very suspicious of PRV at this point.
  6. Kistle

I will say, my son had just taken a shower moments before I started dribbling, so not sure how much effect that has on this measurement, but it is consistent with what I measured the other day when no one had taken a shower.
  7. Kistle

Ok, so I dribbled both hot and cold water and measured the spigot outside. About 105 p.s.i. Here is a pic.
  8. Kistle

Dumb question, but do I dribble hot water, or cold water, or does it matter?
  9. Kistle

10-4. Will try that.
  10. Kistle

The plot thickens. I found a Watts 25-75 PRV just about 6" downstream of the main shutoff ball valve for the house. I assume that the outside spigot would surely be "after" that, since that is the main source line for the whole house? Obviously I can test that, but seems odd that I have a...
  11. Kistle

Interesting. That makes sense. Would there be an easy way to see if I already have a pressure reducing valve installed? I will Google some pics and see if I can find something like that already installed. But I am guessing you are right, that that is the reason for the initial failure.
  12. Kistle

Hello, I am replacing a failed expansion tank on my water heater. I checked static pressure at an outside hose bib and found 115 p.s.i. The maximum charge pressure of the Watts tank I bought is 80 p.si., and maximum working pressure is 150 p.s.i. Seems like 115 p.s.i. is a high static...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks