Search results

1. Asker123

Whole House filter replacement frequency...

Hi there, What should be the whole house filter changing frequency? I have a 10 micron pleated Polypropylene washable filter followed by 5 micron Polypropylene Sediment filter( non washable) before my softener. I installed these in Nov 2022 and since then I have opened the pleated filter and...
  2. Asker123

Filter for Septic Pump

Hi there, We are on Septic Tank and Septic field , the pump being in our basement. Septic tank pretty close to house may be 10 feet. Septic field about 100 feet We got our septic tank cleaned yesterday. Guy found that Soild side was normal but he found some sludge in Liquid side as well from...
  3. Asker123

Using Unions for Septic Pump input and Output

Hello, My Septic Pump takes Grey water from my Septic tank and drains into Septic field approx. every 12 hours. It runs for 7 minutes each time. It is time to change the pump. My experienced friend in plumbing is suggesting to introduce Union ( is it also called coupling?) on both input and...
  4. Asker123

How much Citric Acid and how to apply?

Hi , I did a search but opinions are varying. My new softener (2.5 Cubic feet) was installed in Nov 2022. I have 0.12 ppm iron in raw water but by opening the Big Blue 20 sediment filter that is installed before the softener, I found that there is rust caught by the pre filter but some of this...
  5. Asker123

High Water in Brine tank... Fleck 5810 Error Code 4

So I go to my basement this morning and found ER 4 blinking on my softener. New 5810 SXT was installed and first ran on Nov 9 and Regen every 10 days . Not a good sign given the reputation of this valve. I looked into the manual. Fail Safe Error ; Valve has failed to find position in one...
  6. Asker123

Is my Softener drawing Brine right?

2.5 cubic feet of softener with Fleck 5810SXT newly installed today. The company gave procedure - Add 1/2 bag of salt ( no mentioned what size bag) and 3 gallons of water, wait for 1 hour and then force regeneration. When we added our usual bag's half with 3 gallons of water, the water was above...
  7. Asker123

Putting whole house 3 stage filter before Softener bad for flowrate?

Hello, I need to install my following 2.5 cubic feet Softener. https://www.aquatell.ca/products/aqualux-prosoft-water-softener?variant=25005502537 A friend of mine and an another plumber suggested to put a filter before softener. Although the plumber advised to just put a single sediment...
  8. Asker123

PushConnect fittings long term reliability v/s PEX Clamps

Newbie here and I am trying my level best to put as robust a system for my new softener. From my pressure tank to the softener input I am trying to do 1 inch. I have bought the following Pex A pipe...
  9. Asker123

Effect of Bad softener on Water Heater( Gas)

Hello, This is not directly a softener question but just wanted to check. My current softener is bad. In and out both hardness is 987.14 mg/L or 57.7 grains/gallon I have bought a new new softener but getting the connection parts, fittings and the fact I am doing DIY all this is taking time and...
  10. Asker123

Brine tube and the receiving end in the tank misaligned.

Hi there, Trying to set up a Fleck 5810 The Brine Tank and the Big Pipe/tube that goes down in the tank and holds the float assembly both have hole in those and the brine line goes through those.. When I insert the tube, it should go straight into the float assembly where it connects using a...
  11. Asker123

Do plastic and brass threaded fittings good with each other

Hi there, Pictures below My new softener system has this bypass valve and a fitting that which has 1" MNPT at its end in black color. It is part of a Fleck 5810 valve system so I assume its a very good quality plastic/fiberglass ( sorry I do not understand materials in detail) I bought a...
  12. Asker123

Tilted the new softener cylinder downwards while on stairs. Any problem?

Hi there, This might not be a big thing but I am new to all this so just wanted to confirm. My friends moved the cylinder from the main floor to the basement using stairs and they carried it tilted towards its mouth (where the fleck valve attaches). It was not like a complete up side down...
  13. Asker123

Upgrading to large capacity Water Softener; should we upgrade plumbing and or Pressure tank as well?

Hello, We are on Well Water. We are upgrading our 50 years old softener to a newer flack control valve based system where resin capacity is 2.5 cubic feet. We have already bought this so no turning back on this ..right or wrong. our well water hardness is crazy 58 grains per gallon and we...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks