Search results

1. Hiluxsurf

Laundry Wiring Question

That's correct - all wired up now - thanks Reach4
  2. Hiluxsurf

Laundry Wiring Question

Reach4 - you come to my salvation once again! See attached images - one showing existing, and one showing what I think I can do - splices shown as blobs. Look right to you?
  3. Hiluxsurf

Laundry Wiring Question

So - have a wiring question about going from a 4 wire (3+G) cable to a 3 wire (2 +G) cable. As is there is a designated circuit which comes from the breaker (double pole) with 3+G (Old cable, red, white, black and G) to an outlet. The cable OUT of the outlet other side goes to a dishwasher -...
  4. Hiluxsurf

Do I need to turn off hot water heater tank?

Thanks all - no vacation setting but I can move to 'Pilot' mode - will that have the same effect?
  5. Hiluxsurf

Do I need to turn off hot water heater tank?

Hi I have a large gas water heater/tank - and need to do a very quick (5-10m) repair on a hot water line on the top floor of the house. The water heater does not appear to have a shut off valve on the hot water out of the tank, only on the cold water into the tank. If I turn off the cold...
  6. Hiluxsurf

Question about Hansgrohe rough out for tub faucet

Thanks - that's what I figured also - just wondered if there might be some pressure equalisation issue or something. I'll take a closer look at the capping off
  7. Hiluxsurf

Question about Hansgrohe rough out for tub faucet

Hi All Replacing tub but to save money want to re-use the existing Hansgrohe Axor fittings (fitted on tap deck) - have a question about the rough out. It is a 4 hole fitting - hot/cold/filler and showerhead - I don't really want to use the shower head so want to use it as a three hole unit...
  8. Hiluxsurf

Supply lines to freestanding tub

Thanks all - will see if I can connect the PEX right to the filler as suggested...
  9. Hiluxsurf

Thanks for the extra info - to make sure I understand you correctly - you connected the miniball valves to the faucet direct, and then the PEX to the valves - with no braided/corrugated flexible lines? If so - interesting - might give that a go! And any particular benefit to copper stubs vs...
  10. Hiluxsurf

Thank you for the info... The freestanding tub has a removable panel on the outer wall - so there is space to access plumbing between the outer and innerwall (the faucets will be fitted on to a tap deck in the tub - once I've drilled the holes in the deck) - so I was thinking the PEX would come...
  11. Hiluxsurf

Hey - PEX newbie so forgive the dumb questions. Existing tub has 1/2 copper teed off a main 3/4 copper supply line. Thinking I will use Sharkbite 1/2 - 3/4 elbow to go from a 1/2 copper to 3/4 PEX (too chickenS=-t to learn solder for this one job) Think the ID of the 3/4 PEX more similar to...
  12. Hiluxsurf

Wet Vent - Tub and Shower

Thank you so much Wayne - I am so grateful to have found the right way forward. Appreciate you taking the time. The shower drain (though you can't see in the photo) actually runs beneath the joists - and I just looked and think enough clearance for the 1 1/2" to run to the trap under the joist...
  13. Hiluxsurf

Thank you, Wayne, for making that clear....now, the plot thickens! I just got a ladder out and went up on the roof - and I can see there is another vent - this must be a dry vent for the shower - so that explains the 12ft arm. So I'm assuming that's all fine? ie it isn't acting (primarily) as...
  14. Hiluxsurf

Thanks John and Wayne - appreciate the rapid replies. Wayne - couple follow up below....to ensure I have understood On 1) - so I will add a new 3" wye and run a 1 1/2" line to the tub - correct? And ok just to cap the existing/wrong 1/2" wye? On 2) - that trap arm will be approx 3' long - I...
  15. Hiluxsurf

Hey So - taking out built in tub to replace with freestanding - need some help on the wet vent as think what is there is weird/wrong. Thanks in advance - learning a lot as an first timer. Currently there is a 2" 12 ft wet vent running from the shower to the main 3" wet vent - and the tub 1...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks