Search results

1. Paul Blakely

Sewer gas from bathroom vanity

After 4 to 5 years trouble-free, we're now frequently smelling sewer gas from the bathroom vanity sink. The only thing I can think of is that the p-trap must be siphoning out. Is it because the 13" length from the bottom of the sink to the bottom of the p-trap is too long? It's been 6 years...
  2. Paul Blakely

Filling water lines and tanks for the first time

Thanks to much assistance on this board almost a year ago, especially to Wayne Whitney. I'm about ready to move into our new house. I've held off filling the waterlines until now, tho I did do an air pressure test on the lines maybe 8 months ago and it looked good prior to installing the...
  3. Paul Blakely

Venting a double vanity

In the attached photo of venting a double vanity, I see at least one mistake: I should have used a tee instead of a wye where the two vents join to go vertical. And I've also seen a more efficient way of doing this: a double wye from the vent stack at the level of the two drain outlets instead...
  4. Paul Blakely

Pressure testing my waterlines

I'm finally getting around to doing an air pressure test on the PEX waterlines I've installed. I probably should have tied the hot and cold together before running them into the empty hot water tank, but this should work anyway. Except I'm having a very frustrating time trying to identify why I...
  5. Paul Blakely

Can I use 6/3UF W/G outdoor instead of Indoor 6/3NM w/G ?

Looking to run 6/3 gauge for a 50 amp electric range. 50' of the outdoor is $50 less than comparable indoor, but all the insulation around the wires looks like a nuisance to deal try to get it into the panel and the range receptacle. Is it within code and/or advisable to do it with the outdoor?
  6. Paul Blakely

Questions re Efficient placement of main and subpanel

New construction. Based on location of utility pole, main service will come in on North side of house. Was planning to bring in 200 amps to a main service panel in the single story laundry room. Main draws in that area are clothes dryer, small water heater, guest bath and just a couple bedrooms...
  7. Paul Blakely

A few rough-in questions

I apologize, as a newbie I posted this by mistake to the conversations section: We're down in a 4' crawl space here. About to cut out an elbow from the toilet, because I mistakenly thought I could use the el with an inlet to connect to the sink drain. I now know those inlets are for vent...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks