Search results

1. Zenon2cubed

How to measure LSI?

I want to calculate LSI using the Lenntech LSI Calculator For conductivity, I already have a TDS meter that displays PPM, what measures [Ca2+] and [HCO3-]? I'm thinking of getting the Well eXact EZ Photometer, does anyone have experience with this unit? It can detect: Total Alkalinity: 10 -...
  2. Zenon2cubed

Bacterial colony in a pumped sewer vs. septic field?

My local municipality is requiring everyone to disconnect their septic field and pump liquids to a nearby city for central treatment. I have completed the change-over and am now wondering what importance the bacterial colony in the separation tank now serves. Specifically, I'm planning to shock...
  3. Zenon2cubed

Brine Well Sludge

I cleaned my brine well today, there was about 15 litres (4 gallons) of salt "sludge" in the bottom of the brine well. I purchased the house less than a year ago so I have no idea when this was done last, any thoughts on how long it's been? How often does this usually need to be done? I...
  4. Zenon2cubed

Filtering after a backwashing Activated Carbon Filter?

I'm updating my water supply system. Currently I have: Pleated Sediment Filter -> Water Softener The sediment filter doesn't generally capture too much, but I'm thinking it should be there anyway. Thoughts? I'm adding an AIO Catalytic Carbon filter primarily to remove potential VOC's (a few...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks