Search results

1. Zenon2cubed

How much flush water in regeneration cycle

I'm on well water. As stated previously the softener will have a flow regulating valve that is designed to be independent of supply pressure.
  2. Zenon2cubed

Rebuild or Replace Kinetico Model 60?

I found exactly the same in the bottom of my circa 1990 kinetico, from what I know the softener is on the original resin and had the control head rebuilt 20 yrs ago. I'm on un-chlorinated well water. My water remains soft throughout the cycle, but if I run the calculations it's regenerating...
  3. Zenon2cubed

How much flush water in regeneration cycle

I used a 3/4" dishwasher drain adapter to send my 1.5 cu-ft kinetico softener to drain. It feeds into a p-trap and then to sewer. There's a clear 3/4" ID PVC piece of hose that connects the 3/4" OD PEX to the 3/4" OD ABS fitting. During brining there's a nice little stream through my "sight...
  4. Zenon2cubed

These Asian bot-takeover posts.

I also manage a website and found most of my spam and hacking was originating from data centers, I blocked whole subnets at the firewall level without affecting any legitimate users. Just a suggestion.
  5. Zenon2cubed

How to measure LSI?

I want to calculate LSI using the Lenntech LSI Calculator For conductivity, I already have a TDS meter that displays PPM, what measures [Ca2+] and [HCO3-]? I'm thinking of getting the Well eXact EZ Photometer, does anyone have experience with this unit? It can detect: Total Alkalinity: 10 -...
  6. Zenon2cubed

Well sanitizing (extra attention to 4 inch casing)

It's been about 3 weeks since I sanitized the well and the water is still nice and odour free, previously there was a faint smell that would come and go. The process was uneventful: no angry neighbours, no sludge in my water filters, no downside at all I set aside about 90 litres of flood water...
  7. Zenon2cubed

In the article they provide a table, I backed out their calculation: 50 G standing -> 5 G Flood, 100 G standing -> 10 G flood... Flood with 150% of well volume below the pump? The closest neighboring well is about 250' away, do I risk pushing chlorine into their well?
  8. Zenon2cubed

My well is 5" in diameter, 120' deep and the pump is set at 44' from the top.moravec calls for a 10% Flood Volume, how much Flood Volume do you recommend?
  9. Zenon2cubed

Bacterial colony in a pumped sewer vs. septic field?

Thanks for the excellent write-up, I've studied it and will be doing my best to follow it. Yes, I have a fiberglass septic tank that has been disconnected from the field, it now pumps into a pressurized municipal system. I was thinking about just sending all the chlorinated solution down the...
  10. Zenon2cubed

Bacterial colony in a pumped sewer vs. septic field?

My local municipality is requiring everyone to disconnect their septic field and pump liquids to a nearby city for central treatment. I have completed the change-over and am now wondering what importance the bacterial colony in the separation tank now serves. Specifically, I'm planning to shock...
  11. Zenon2cubed

Replacing Media on my H2S+iron filter.

Do you think continuous backwashing with iron-out accomplished anything?
  12. Zenon2cubed

Need pumping ideas for water storage tank

They have a plastic CSV that threads directly onto the output of a submersible pump.
  13. Zenon2cubed

An alternative to delivering a constantly pressurized supply with pressure tank and pressure switch would be installing the smallest submersible well pump possible, trigger pump power directly with a tethered float switch, and install a ball valve to limit flow down to your desired ~1 GPM to...
  14. Zenon2cubed

Brine Well Sludge

I cleaned my brine well today, there was about 15 litres (4 gallons) of salt "sludge" in the bottom of the brine well. I purchased the house less than a year ago so I have no idea when this was done last, any thoughts on how long it's been? How often does this usually need to be done? I...
  15. Zenon2cubed

Where does the water come from? Are you planning to pump from a well into the cistern, or will you truck water in with a tote?
  16. Zenon2cubed

High amount of iron in well water - all solutions have failed so far - orange everything

Turbidex looks to be just a filtering media opposed to Katlox light or the others in the table above that both filter and breakdown iron, so I'm not sure turbidex is "optimal", but given you already have the filter I'd also be tempted to reuse it. If it avoids renovating your kids room maybe...
  17. Zenon2cubed

Filter well water for iron and manganese

Thanks for the tip on Iron, I have 0.513 ml/L so I'll need to do some research. I think what you want to do is possible, but it will take some planning.
  18. Zenon2cubed

High amount of iron in well water - all solutions have failed so far - orange everything

That's a lot of iron, I would contact Impact water products. It looks like your pH will also complicate matters. Below is a table from the cleanwaterstore.com, they also say the following on iron removal:
  19. Zenon2cubed

Running out of soft water, what to change?

Correct. I'm referring to the original poster. The new softener I have purchased but not yet installed looks to be almost exactly the same, so I'm very interested to see what performance is being realized by others with similar hardware. I would like to understand why the 46.1k grain capacity...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks