Search results

1. LBrandt

Does each leg of a 220 line have to have the exact same voltage?

Thanks. So, it is acceptable to have it running this way?
  2. LBrandt

Question about a neighbor’s water leak

Yes, I agree with you, but I'm still puzzled about the source of the leak. My question was, if the leak is from an underground pipe and under pressure from the main, wouldn't it leak constantly and not start and stop from time to time?
  3. LBrandt

No, she has no sprinkler system, and there is no garden hose connected to the front of her house.
  4. LBrandt

Hello, For several days, we have noticed a small pool of water standing in a flower bed at the front corner of our neighbor’s house. The house is single story and on a concrete foundation. We have never met the neighbor, and we feel that the neighbor might resent us attempting to interfere...
  5. LBrandt

Am I supposed to use a metal washer inside the tank or not?

Thanks again to all of you. Best regards, Louis
  6. LBrandt

I now want to apologize to all of you, especially WJCandee. I now see why I wouldn't want a rubber washer directly under the tank. Even though the two rubber washers wouldn't be touching each other, I now see that if the rubber washer under the tank were to wear out, the metal washer and nut...
  7. LBrandt

hj, thanks for your reply. When I said that I bought a second kit, I didn't mean that I bought a second kit with bolts and metal washers. I simply bought a second kit which contained only 4 rubber washers and nothing else. I didn't elaborate on the second kit, because I was simply trying to...
  8. LBrandt

WJCandee, I don't understand why you are saying that if the rubber washer under the tank degrades, that it could affect the rubber washer inside the tank. The two rubber washers don't touch each other. They would be on either side of a thickness of porcelain. How could one rubber washer...
  9. LBrandt

I didn't say that I was going to put an ordinary nut against the rubber washer. My question was whether I should have a metal washer against the rubber washer underneath the tank.
  10. LBrandt

Thanks Terry, Well, it really wasn't a case of what they gave me. I bought a kit that had four rubber washers, four metal washers and four nuts. Then I bought a second kit, so that I'd have enough to put a set under the tank. The only other question that I have is this: Should I use a metal...
  11. LBrandt

WJCandee, Thanks for your reply. I understand what you're saying, and now I completely agree with you about not using a metal washer inside the tank. But I still have a question. I don't understand the function of the rubber washer under the bowl. If, for some reason, water should penetrate...
  12. LBrandt

Hello, I'm getting ready to replace the washers and bolts connecting my American Standard Cadet 3 tank to the bowl. I just bought a tank bolt kit at Home Depot, and the guy there said to use the metal washers on both the inside and outside of the tank. In other words, he said that the metal...
  13. LBrandt

Question about toilet flange extender

Jim, Thanks for your reply. I'll take your advice and use the thinner extender and the thicker wax ring. But what I don't understand is how I would have been able to get the flange on top of the finished floor. I'm not a plumber, just a novice. Was I supposed to be able to remove the...
  14. LBrandt

Question about toilet flange extender

Hello, When I tiled our bathroom a few years ago, the level of the tile caused the toilet flange to be slightly below the level of the tile. As a result, we have encountered a slight leak, which I am in the process of fixing. I have removed the toilet and am preparing to add a flange...
  15. LBrandt

Question about wax ring

Hello, I haven't posted on this forum in quite a while, but back when I did, I got very helpful replies, so if you guys don't mind, I have what is probably a very basic question. I installed a Cadet 3 toilet about 3 years ago, and it's been working fine. I used a extra thick wax ring...
  16. LBrandt

Question about sewer cleanout pipe cover

When I say 4 5/8", I am referring to the distance between the threads at the surface. As far as the fitting below the threads, I can't measure that.
  17. LBrandt

Question about sewer cleanout pipe cover

Hello, My neighbor, who is in his 80’s, has a pvc sewer cleanout pipe in his front yard, but the cover is missing, and he doesn’t know what happened to it. The cover is supposed to screw into the top of the cleanout pipe. I’ve tried to help him find a replacement, but even though...
  18. LBrandt

Dishwasher soap dispenser does not open during cycle

hj, Thanks again. So the "latch" and the "switch" are the same thing. I just looked at the partsselect.com website, and I saw the diagram of the area that you referred to. According to the site, there seem to be three parts that affect the opening of the soap door. One was called "detergent...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks