Search results

1. Joe B

State of the Tankless Market, 2024 Edition

For those experienced with tankless boilers, who has the highest quality product out there these days? Lochinvar? Bosch? Reem? Navien? I'm curious about some of the lesser-known high quality manufacturers too. Who's got the best boiler on the market that can do both hydronic heating and DHW...
  2. Joe B

Navien CH-240 siphon hose leak, gas smell

Hi everyone, Could a leaking siphon tube also result in gas escaping from a Navien CH-240 boiler? I know - Naviens are fussy. But my CH-240 from back in 2010 has been humming along until just the other day. I found that it has begun leaking from the top of the "siphon hose" where it connects...
  3. Joe B

Shower valve... sideways?

I just had a shower remodel completed and discovered that the hot/cold mix isn't right. So I followed the instructions to adjust the stopper, beginning with unscrewing the handle (Kohler Alteo Single Handle) and removing the escutcheon. Here is what I see... and I have some questions...
  4. Joe B

Would exposed PEX encourage algae growth?

My water main shutoff in the garage seemed to have a failing valve that prevented it from closing all the way. Since the valve sat behind the drywall, with the knob protruding out, the plumber not only replaced the valve with a ball valve but also suggested he bring the pipe outside of the...
  5. Joe B

Navien CH-240 DIP Switch 4 and combustion

I have been troubleshooting the gas smell at the exhaust of my Navien CH-240. I noticed that DIP switch 4, which should be ON for and individual vent, and OFF for a shared cascading common, is set to OFF. I have a concentric intake/exhaust, and not a shared cascade common, which is for multiple...
  6. Joe B

Navien CH-240 drip mystery: combustion, ventilation, condensation?

I'm getting to know my Navien CH-240 and I appreciate much of the feedback and insight from some of my other posts. Here is a new one. I am hoping to get some tips on how to troubleshoot this. The other day, I noticed about 1/4 of water on the garage floor beneath the unit. Oh no! It was in the...
  7. Joe B

Uponor zone module shows zone valves on, but not calling for heat

I am trying to piece together the behavior of my six-zone Navien CH240 hyrdonic system. Heat is radiant floor pex tubing under concrete. Thermostats are Uponor WT 1, one thermostat per zone, wired to a pair of 3-zone Wirsbo zone control modules. I am trying some experiments. Today I have a...
  8. Joe B

Tips for adjusting air/gas combustion mix in Navien CH-240

Hi, I have moved into a house with a ten year old Navien CH-240. It has one of those "two-in-one" intake exhaust things, and it runs about twelve feet out the side wall of the garage to the outdoors. (The Navien unit is in the garage.) I have always noticed a gas smell from the exhaust when it...
  9. Joe B

How to properly use / configure Navien hydronic system

Hi, Should a Navien hydronic heating system turn on and off four to five times an hour? I am living in a place with a Navien CH-240 that drives domestic hot water and an in-floor, six-zone hydronic heating system. The hydronic system uses PEX tubes under a concrete floor. I have only ever had...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks