Search results

1. DragonBallz

Possible changes to 248 CMR 10.00

https://www.supportmaplumbingcode.org/ Apparently, there have been talks about changing MA plumbing code to the National plumbing code. Those who oppose to change (licensed plumbers) say the change will allow homeowners to pull their own plumbing permits and do their own work. "There may be...
  2. DragonBallz

Is there a code requirement for bathroom fan CFM?

Located in Massachusetts I am renovating a 114 sqft bathroom. Ceiling height is 8 ft. 1 regular shower, 1 regular bathtub, 1 toilet, 1 sink Can I get away with a 110 CFM fan on a 4” solid duct about 6’ long with 1’ of flex duct? Will that be code?
  3. DragonBallz

Once the main vent stack enters up through the attic floor, does it have to go straight up through the roof?

Located in MA. Once the main vent stack enters up through the attic floor, does it have to go straight up through the roof? Or can it (theoretically) go to the other side of the house, then through the roof?
  4. DragonBallz

Are these screws okay for securing tub flange to studs?

Are these screws okay for securing tub flange to studs? Or do I need the countersinking kind? This is a Kohler Underscore tub. I'm going to need to use 5/8" backerboard because the Kohler tub flange is so thick. ]
  5. DragonBallz

Can I install a 2nd flr laundry room emergency floor drain that dumps into basement slop sink?

Located in Massachusetts. The inspectors already told me I can’t terminate the drain to the outside of the house. I dont want to ask them about the basement slop sink and give them reason to mess with me. A bunch of walls are already to the studs making it easy. The renovation is permitted but...
  6. DragonBallz

2nd floor laundry room emergency drain. Do I need to prep the floor like a tiled shower floor with Kerdi or Schluter?

I am remodeling the house, it is currently gutted. I want to move the laundry room to the 2nd floor. I want an emergency floor drain just in case. Should the floor be prepped with Schluter or Kerdi or whatever membrane to make it waterproof? Or since it's only for emergencies, a regular tiled...
  7. DragonBallz

Are tub spout diverters legal? Located in MA

Hi I'm going to be using the Delta Galeon trim. I want a soaking bathtub spout filler and a hand sprayer, no showerhead. Delta's R22000 is not good for a tub filler. I don't want 2 separate wall trims knobs for a diverter and valve. My only option is for a tub spout diverter. Are they still...
  8. DragonBallz

Trying to buy rough-in valve and trim for tub spout and hand sprayer.

This is for a soaking bathtub with a handsprayer. I've already purchase Delta Galeon fixtures for the rest of the house so I'd like to stay with that line. For the bathtub, I'm looking at the T27T871 Trim with the R22000 (WS?) rough-in. But the Q&A section says it's not good for a tub because...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks