Search results

1. Dabronx02

Can I extend DWV pipe with coupler or reducer to bring it closer to finished floor?

Thank you all for the feedback. I poured the cement around the pipe today. I'll pickup the silicon grease tomorrow. BTW, this Sioux Chief flange has 8 holes for screws...seems excessive. You guys think I need all 8 screws? Just seems like a lot of hammer drilling into the new cement I poured.
  2. Dabronx02

Can I extend DWV pipe with coupler or reducer to bring it closer to finished floor?

As for the good news (I think), I finally got the Sioux Chief 886-GA flange today. And, it appears I can push it past the "obstruction" to where I believe it is creating a seal in the pipe. The tailpipe length also seems adequate enough for me to fill the surrounding area with non-shrink grout...
  3. Dabronx02

I also thought this might be a fitting, but don't fittings typically have a hub or bell to them? The outside of this pipe is smooth. I also thought the four circles were a clue. The rectorseal seems like a good lead, but the "obstruction" doesn't really look like it was ever threaded. BTW...
  4. Dabronx02

See photo. Red line represents about 2.5 inches from the "obstruction" to the part in the pipe/fitting that it angles in. Green line measures about 3.5 inches from the "obstruction" to where I'd say the pipe really curves.
  5. Dabronx02

Thank you Wayne. I will take your advice on confirming ID below the obstruction. My old flange was only glued on the inside so it easily popped off. An extended 4" hub flange would be ideal; just not having much luck finding one. If I opted for a coupler which brought everything closer to...
  6. Dabronx02

Btw, starting to wonder if a reaming tool should/could be used to get rid of this 1/2 inch of ABS that is making it difficult to get insertable flanges to go in. Thinking that if I ream it out, I'll enlarge the pipe opening closer to 4" ID and then have better luck with flanges. Or, do you...
  7. Dabronx02

Yes, OD appears to be 4.5 inches. (photo attached) It appears to have ID of 3.75, which I thought is considered nominal 4" ID. (photo attached)
  8. Dabronx02

I really appreciate the feedback thus far. I ordered two Sioux chef flanges to try. The first was the 887-GAM, which is slated to insert into 4" pipe; however, it's not working for me. I was expecting it to fit easily, but clearly I don't think it will work. The other is the 886 yet to...
  9. Dabronx02

Thanks for the quick reply. My concern with the 888-AM is that the diameter would be too small...It wouldn't fit snug. But, the length would be ideal. Any thoughts on whether a coupler/reducer are appropriate since I can't seem to find a suitable closet flange?
  10. Dabronx02

Hi, First time here, but I've been reading all the great advice. Hoping I get some guidance. I have a 4" ID toilet drain (DWV pipe) that is too low from the finished floor. Additionally, I do not have concrete anywhere near the pipe to mount a closet flange. So, my issue is two fold... 1)...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks