Search results

1. Csvt18

Trane 4 zone mini split system

I have a weird issue I have a Trane mini split system with 4 wall units inside and the main heat pump/condenser outside. Largest unit is in living room first floor. It’s a 21,000 btu unit. 3 others are in each bedroom. All those are 18,000 btu. I noticed that if my large unit is on and...
  2. Csvt18

Navien 180E NG

Never had this issue all last winter. I’m sure the unit learned. I have had these nest thermos in all 3 zones since then too. I’ve only changed burner off to +12 degrees from +4 default.
  3. Csvt18

Navien 180E NG

Think I may have narrowed it down. So it only overshoots when the upstairs zone is on. (Tri level). Which is located directly above boiler. My max return temp is set to the max of 158f. My return water temps from upstairs zone is 149f. Boiler set at 145f. What I think is happening is the...
  4. Csvt18

Navien 180E NG

This is set at default of 3 min. If I change it to zero will it keep burner on even if it overshoots burner off setting?
  5. Csvt18

Navien 180E NG

Looked up the H value. Anti fast cycle time…. What’s that?
  6. Csvt18

Navien 180E NG

I changed L to 12 degrees over. Now it goes longer if it over shoots and keeps burner on. Doesn’t cycle burner on and off as much now but still overshoots. What’s recycle time? M burner on is still set at factory default of 4 degrees below set temp.
  7. Csvt18

Navien 180E NG

Navien 180E NG
  8. Csvt18

Navien 180E NG

Let’s get back to the main question. Why is the boiler going over the set temp of the space heating mode? It’s a set temp for a reason. Am I not seeing something ?
  9. Csvt18

Navien 180E NG

I found out how to access “burner off” parameter. I upped it to 12 over instead of 4. We’ll see if it over shoots the set temp now. If it does it has a margin of error of +12 degrees now.
  10. Csvt18

Navien 180E NG

How do I get to the burner off and on parameters? Just saw someone increased their burner off parameter from 4 degrees to 15. In other words mines turning off burner when it’s 4 degrees over. I want to increase this so it’s not constantly shutting off burner and re igniting.
  11. Csvt18

Navien 180E NG

We did. We didn’t have this problem last winter. The navien would never overshoot the set temp. Just long steady burns.
  12. Csvt18

Navien 180E NG

It’s off. The little flame icon turns off. Then re ignites it turns back on. Over shoots turns off. Cools down turns back on/re ignites.
  13. Csvt18

Navien 180E NG

Yes. It’s happening before. Because the boiler itself goes past the set space heating temp and has to shut down burn because it did so. For example. It’s set at 155f. It goes to 159-160 and shuts off burn until it drops to 145ish then re ignites burn to get to set temp again. All while...
  14. Csvt18

Navien 180E NG

I do not have a reset. I adjust temp on navien unit myself depending on outdoor temp. The thermostat does shut it off when it’s satisfied. The navien unit however is over firing reaching past set temp thus having to turn off burner then refire again repeating this cycle until thermostat is...
  15. Csvt18

Navien 180E NG

Nest thermostats. 3 zones. No issues with those they hit temp it’s calling for. Just the boiler over fires the heating set temp and has to “back off” and turn off burn. Then it’ll reignite like 3-4 minutes later after set temp drops again.
  16. Csvt18

Navien 180E NG

Hey guys Overnight I noticed my navien tankless/combi boiler pre cycle purging a lot. This morning I noticed it would reach space heating temp of 150, keep burning for a bit then go over cutting out at around 154f. It would then stay on in condensing mode for about 3 minutes then pre cycle...
  17. Csvt18

Retro fit baseboard covers

Measured 105’ of total baseboard in my 2100 sq ft house that’s all 3 floors.
  18. Csvt18

navien ncb180e. we have a tri level with 1/2” standard fin baseboards. Never measured total length but every bedroom has it. We have some long runs of 8 feet or so baseboards in every room.
  19. Csvt18

My return temp varies actually. It’s only 5-7 degrees lower when main level is heating. The smallest delta I think due to the boiler being right below that floor. 5-9 delta whey only basements on. And 10-12 when upstairs is on. Also 10-12 delta when all 3 zones are on at once.
  20. Csvt18

it was 155f. I had to up it to 167f supply as it’s low 20s in the day and low teens at night. Average return is around 150f. I have no clue why. I cleaned all baseboards. No leaks.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks