Search results

1. Plant.One

Older steel Texaco water tank,, ok for potable water?

i have to agree - i would have a hard time trusting a 60 year old anything that you dont have 100% history on (as in you've owned it the whole time) as potable water storage solution. maybe if it was a super duper grade of stainless and you could 100% ensure that it could be sanitized and...
  2. Plant.One

Toto CST723 20 years of calcium build up - anyway to remove?

you got your moneys worth out of it with 20 years of service. just replace it before you spend $100 attempting to repair a $200 problem and still end up replacing the toilet in the end anyway. because then you've thrown $300 at a $200 problem. instead of just doing it right the first time.
  3. Plant.One

Copper water supply line

push to connect fittings (sharkbite is a brand name) are good for copper or pex. on my expierence - those valves dont age well at standard room temps. they bind up, and in general fail over time, significantly sooner than a brass valve will anyway. just install a good quarter turn valve in...
  4. Plant.One

Copper water supply line

have you considered sharkbite fittings? i sure wouldnt want to use PVC valve like that underground.
  5. Plant.One

Hairline Crack in Toilet Tank - Repair or Replace

what jeff said. just shut the toilet off and take it out of service when not in use. if its the only toilet in the home, then water on/off at use to minimize risk until replacement parts arrive. rough way to have to do, but limits liability to damage to your home.
  6. Plant.One

Water Softener affect on an RO system.

sounds like a mfg just looking for a cheap out on any warranty coverage. with a good quality membrane it shouldn't matter. it'll handle the salt - as well as it'll handle untreated hard water. they may be talking 2 years of life instead of 3+. but they're not talking weeks/months vs years...
  7. Plant.One

Pump runs continously but doesn't build enough pressure to reach cut-off

thats exactly what happened to mine. dime size hole in the steel nipple. the pump was just recirculating water into the well casing nonstop and would never build enough pressure above the check valve for the pressure switch at the bladder tanks to shut it off. ended up killing the pump. damn...
  8. Plant.One

What makes an LP gas grill "convertable" to natural gas?

Close and the same are not equal. Fuel air mixtures need to be precise. That means the oriface size needs to be precise. Not close. Precise. Even being off by a few thousandths in diameter could be enough % wise to not be functional anymore - especially at minimum delivery levels where the...
  9. Plant.One

Water test results are in (finally) - so what resin/system do I need

i cant agree with you more. we've tried to talk them into it for decades now. mom has always been on board, but dad is stubborn and with an opinion on them like a 60 year old bear trap you found in the woods. rusted shut and you couldn't budge it with a prybar.
  10. Plant.One

you never did only say get a test, but it was recomended, and i did so so that we had facts to deal with instead of speculation of what was in the water. its not a ton of staining, but over time there is. the biggest thing is whites turning rusty/dingy colored over a period of time. mom uses...
  11. Plant.One

and that all came down to "you need to get a water test done before we can make recommendations" so i did :)
  12. Plant.One

i cant go with a softner (dad's perception issues - he's stubborn, so just please, case closed or we'd have had one decades ago), so yes the main issue is some iron staining (mild), taste, and sulfur smell. i was under the assumption that the sulfate value was somehow tied to the H2S issue...
  13. Plant.One

anyone? i'd really appreciate some input. the company's i've talked to have given me several different answers, and i'm assuming that primarily its because those are the product lines they sell.
  14. Plant.One

Water softener guys placed drain into my Ceiling sewer vent and disaster happended?!!!What are my rights and what would you guys do?

ya... mold removal/mitigation is tens of thousands of dollars in some cases. if you can prevent that your insurance company will be HIGHLY appreciative of you as a homeowner. my cousin went thru a burst fitting in an upstairs bathroom a couple years ago. he lucked out and found it within a...
  15. Plant.One

Water softener guys placed drain into my Ceiling sewer vent and disaster happended?!!!What are my rights and what would you guys do?

while all the advice you're given sounds great - you still have a massive water damage issue to attend to your home. take like 3 billion pictures and call your insurance company to get someone out to start the water damage mitigation. you do NOT want mold forming in your walls because you took...
  16. Plant.One

What makes an LP gas grill "convertable" to natural gas?

that probably means the oriface is just not replaceable - they probably drilled the oriface port into a solid assembly. save $ manufacturing vs having to thread a port for switchable orifices to attach to.
  17. Plant.One

Looking at RO system

whatever system brand you choose, make sure it uses a standard dow style membrane and standard 2x10 prefilter housings. DO NOT purchase a system with proprietary cartridges. membrane style for reference - yes i really like the DOW ones as replacements. affordable and good quality...
  18. Plant.One

NTL finally got my results back to me - 3½ weeks later (i hand delivered my sample on the 24th) quick refresher before i post the results. farm well, about 80'. sulfurish odor, bit of taste. some mild rust staining. dad wont do a salt based system (perception issue, so hard stop there) so...
  19. Plant.One

Brackish water treatment

im guessing they're going on the assumption that your RO water wasnt going to be your sole supply for the entire home and that there would be other usage from said well - regardless if thats agricultural, washing, toilets, etc. therefore it would end up being an eventual flushing due to non RO...
  20. Plant.One

Brackish water treatment

one thing to consider is where the discharge of wastewater is going to go. even a high quality recirculating RO system is going to at best be around 3:1 product:waste water ratio. Lesser quality units can be as much as 1:3 or 1:4 product:discharge (waste) water. make sure that the system has...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks