Search results

1. Fishyone

What's best for the pump

As the heading suggests is it better to have a longer run time and shorter idle time, or a longer idle time and a shorter run time. I've heard that the pump needs a two minute run before shutting off. I have an irrigation system that by adding or substracting sprinkler lines (at the valves) i...
  2. Fishyone

Max pressure created by my pump

I have a goulds 18gs20412cl. 2hp 18gpm. whats the max pressure. If its important the pump is set at 240ft. 5" well casing, Static depending on time of year 70- 110.' 11/4" drop pipe tdh 248'
  3. Fishyone

How many amps does my pump pull

I am needing to further develop my new well as it is getting alot of sand in the system. the pump is a goulds 18gs20412cl 2hp. set at 240 ft. with static at 75'. estimated tdh of 200'. My honda 5000 generator has a 240 30amp plug in, that i intend to use at the well head for power. Can't find...
  4. Fishyone

Proper control box

I am told that on a single phase 3 wire pump you can use a larger control box on a smaller pump but you can't use a smaller control box on a larger pump. So the situation is I have a 1 1/2hp pump and a 2hp pump in different wells. So as the 2hp pump and well is new this is the one I wish to...
  5. Fishyone

Zip ties or 2" well tape

as the heading suggests, which one would you use. Plan is to secure the electrical wire top and below the couplings on 20' PVC pipe. maybe once in the middle. will secure the rope to each section also Another question some on this forum say to not use a torque arrestor, why is that? have...
  6. Fishyone

Which set of perforations would water be feeding from

New well 460' deep, 5 inch pvc casing. static water 60' winter to 90' summer. perforations at 430 t0 460 and 195 to 205. pump will be set at 240'. what will be the primary feeding set of perforations. Note that according to the e-log there is more water at the 430-460 perforations but plenty...
  7. Fishyone

Rope or ss cable for a rescue line

This probably has been covered, but couldn't find it in the search bar. putting my pump down to 200' in a 450' well. is it better to use rope or ss cable for protection against lost of the pump. will be using 1 1/4" PVC well drop pipe sch 120w/ss couplers. pump will be a 1 1/2hp 4" stainless...
  8. Fishyone

What depth to place my pump

having recently drilled another well which is 460' PVC 5" casing and perforations at 435' to 460' and 195 'to 205 '. This is where the elog showed the strongest water to be. I was going to put the pump at 225/250 until I read on this forum that the pump should be set above the perforations so...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks