Search results

1. Hemi345

brand recommendation for angle stops or chase the threads?

I didn't want to wait another week to wrap up this project so I picked up a bunch of new BrassCraft multi-turn style angle stops. Even though they're multi-turn, none of these had the ridge on the threads and they appear to be better built than their 1/4 turn style (uses a rubber gasket instead...
  2. Hemi345

Pictures that refused to attach to my initial post: Ridge on the threads:
  3. Hemi345

Yes, wrapping tape on clockwise so it doesn't bunch up when valve is installed. I've installed many PVC irrigation sprinkler systems and usually the fittings would get hand tight after 3 to 4 full turns with 2 wraps of teflon tape and never a leak in the valve boxes. I've read a few...
  4. Hemi345

Good evening, I used 1/2" x 1/2" MNPT male adapters (Sharkbite part number UAB120LFA) on the ends of the PEX-A so if I ever needed to replace the valves, I could just unscrew them from the adapters rather than have to cut the PEX and expand the pipe to install a new valve. I bought five...
  5. Hemi345

Sink in another room sharing drain and vent from bathroom?

That's a good idea of putting the craftroom tee below the tee for the bathroom lav and making one slightly higher and the other slightly lower. That should work well. Yeah, I tried to find 2 x 2 x 1-1/2 street sani-tee at a couple big box stores. They offered a 2 x 2 x 2 street sani tee at...
  6. Hemi345

Oh right, because that would siphon the P, thanks Terry. So I'd need to revent that trap arm if I want the trap adapter to sit at the same height as the one in the craftroom.
  7. Hemi345

Yes, it should be. IPC 2018 says 1-1/2" max distance is 6ft from vent to trap. The length of the arm including in the wall and coming out to the trap adapter would be right at 4ft. So using 1/4" of slope on the trap arm, the trap weir will be 1" higher than where it tees off the stack...
  8. Hemi345

Any input on if a revent is necessary or more beneficial for my setup or should it be good as I have drawn it?
  9. Hemi345

The drawing below is what I am planning to do: But then I saw this thread with the following photo. Is this because that person's pipe is 1-1/2 for drain and vent so the lav on the left needed a separate path for the vent? I don't think I need this because the distance between the bath...
  10. Hemi345

@Tuttles Revenge What you show is elusive in all my searching. I spent a few hours trying to find such a beast last Friday. I'm probably not using the correct search terms. But good point about talking to the inspector about what we want to do when I get the rough inspection. I was planning...
  11. Hemi345

For the bathroom lav, one of these? https://www.homedepot.com/p/NIBCO-1-1-2-in-x-1-1-4-in-ABS-DWV-Hub-x-Slip-Joint-P-Trap-C5892HD112114/100348236
  12. Hemi345

Yeah, I get what you're saying, thanks for the sanity check Wayne :D I think we'll stick with a stainless lav that accepts a 1-1/4 tailpiece. Elkay says their bar sinks or the sink WorthFlorida mentioned is made to accept the drain with 1-1/2 tailpiece. My wife found this one that looks up to...
  13. Hemi345

It doesn't look like it has much of a taper from 1-1/2 to 1-1/4, but I wouldn't think it would cause any crud to collect on the transition either. After thinking about this some more, if I'm adapting a 1-1/2" tail piece to 1-1/4" anyway, doesn't that open up the possibility to use sinks with...
  14. Hemi345

1) is a no go, we'd rather go without the sink. 2) is looking more promising. Would this work to adapt a 1-1/2" tailpiece to 1-1/4" trap? https://www.amazon.com/Keeney-46WK-Straight-Extension-Coupling/dp/B000BO8EE4/ 3) I'm having everything inspected, so probably can't do that. :) Thank you...
  15. Hemi345

WorthFlorida, Thanks for the link. That's pretty much what we want to put in there. I'm having trouble finding a 2" drain fitting with a 1-1/4" tailpiece though. I thought I found one... the "Elkay LK9" at https://www.prodrinkingfountains.com/elkay-lk9-commerical-sink-accessories/ but when I...
  16. Hemi345

That sink would be in a craft/hobby room. Something stainless that's easy to clean to get water for water colors, wash out the paint brushes, grab a glass of water, etc. We were wanting to use something around the size of a bar sink, maybe a little bigger. I saw that DFU table earlier and...
  17. Hemi345

Good morning, I'm finishing my basement of my Colorado home built in 2007. The builder roughed in the drain and vent for a bathroom. I don't know what the configuration is under the basement floor slab, but we have three pipes in the floor: one horizontal pipe down in a section of the floor...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks