Search results

1. AGageM

New Pressure Tank Long Jet Pump Runtimes

Sorry I may have worded that wrong, I meant adjust the pressure switch settings without draining the lines and tank. I'm down to 20/40 and the run time is around 3 min and 40 seconds, it's definitely better but I still have the leaks. I am waiting for our cistern water level to drop down before...
  2. AGageM

When I turned it up, 1 full turn went from about 42 to 50, 1 full turn CCW went down to 46, still 5 minute run time with 20 psi in tank, am I able to unplug pump and change pressure switch without completely draining the lines?
  3. AGageM

I just got back and cooking dinner, the pump is off and am draining lines again. I'm going to change the switch back to 20/40 and lower the tank to 18 psi. The leaks were there prior to turning the pressure up, but the tank pressure was set too high at a precharged 38 so pump was short cycling a...
  4. AGageM

I meant water level in the cistern, the level is higher than the pump and taking the shut off out would cause tons of water to come in on me, but I tightened what I could and am giving it a couple minutes to see if any water accumulates outside the pipes. I didn't realize both clamps were like...
  5. AGageM

OK and if this is the case, can I seal the leak with something like a flex paste? Or would I have to wait til water level is down and take the shut off right out of the line, retape and tighten together with pipe wrench? The problem happened while putting it in, the guy who did it forgot to...
  6. AGageM

This is what we are working with, leak is I believe on threaded side but it could be at the hose barb attached to it, it's such a small leak it's hard to tell. Both l ines go to cistern
  7. AGageM

So the backup line has little pressure compared, so I'm back to using the first line with the leaks. Because one leak is at the shut off valve on the cistern side it's been difficult to fix. Might need more tape on the threads. Is there anything I can buy to fix this leak? Like a glue or putty...
  8. AGageM

We have a backup line from the cistern so I'm going to change the line and see what happens.
  9. AGageM

No air in the water, only when draining lines and repressurizing
  10. AGageM

There are a few small leaks between the cistern and pump, one at the shut off and one at an elbow. Is that our problem right there? We tried to fix the leaks but once we got a load of water in and more pressure on the lines, they have a slight drip again. The pump doesn't come on when there is...
  11. AGageM

I apologize, I'm not smart in this subject, but I am not sure what pump curves are, I tried reading about it last night but I wasn't sure what I was reading. I am uploading a picture of the pump info I hope it posts. Thanks so much for the help, kinda getting anxious and hoping the pump doesn't...
  12. AGageM

Max pressure on pump is 75 but it is kinda old. The motor end is just luke warm, pump end is still cool to the touch, no warmth whatsoever. We bought new tank because the old bladder had a hole and we were short cycling constantly. Might have to go back to the old 20/40. Like I mentioned in...
  13. AGageM

I did as you said, just primed the pump and it was running for 6 min 52 seconds to fill tank and lines. Not sure if it should take that long to do so, I hit 40 psi on the gauge after a minute-minute and a half but took the rest of the 7 minutes to go from 40 to 48. I dropped the air to 26, cut...
  14. AGageM

Hi, We just installed a new pressure tank (44 gallon) as well as adjusted the pressure switch on 1/2 hp jet pump to ~30/50 from ~20/40. I took out air from pressure tank down to around 29-30 psi. We are getting much better times between cycles, however, whenever the pump cuts on, it takes ~5...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks