Search results

1. L

Need advice on new kitchen sink drains...

I should point out that that drawing is from Terry's own drawing here: https://terrylove.com/forums/showpost.php?p=66473&postcount=35 . I wouldn't want Terry to get mad at us. :)
  2. L

Slip joint reliability and ferncos

OK, here are two pictures. Thanks to both of you for showing me the fittings. It does look like the guy did it right -- directional tee and all (see the arrow) -- but it still collects debris. The horizontal run from the other sink doesn't get as much use as the other, and that's where the...
  3. L

I looked around in some plumbing catalogs, and didn't see any baffle tees. They do have sanitary tees, however, which is what my link above shows. I don't see how one of those could clog. I still prefer Terry's setup. But since I can't have that, it seems like the sanitary tee would be an...
  4. L

I do now, I think. Would this be it?: http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=directional+tee+plumbing&btnG=Search+Images The guy used a straight tee, and the pipe is dead level. So that explains it, all right. I'll have to see if there is room to put in a directional tee. If there is...
  5. L

Pop-up drain plug required in bathroom sink?

Thanks. So the salesman's statement was bogus, then. And no, I wouldn't redo tons of plumbing. Just the valve and the top 6" of the drain -- worst case. Let me put it this way. The faucets I'm looking at don't have pop-up drains, and I don't want someone insisting later on that I change...
  6. L

OK, maybe this will help. Here are pictures of the right and wrong way.
  7. L

Precisely. It's useless, I don't like it, and it's just one more thing to clean and maintain. My preferred alternative is to install a straight drain with no obstructions and get a little removable strainer that fits right in the top. That works perfectly, and it's easily cleaned. I notice...
  8. L

Yeah, that's what I might do. But no, it wouldn't take just 5 minutes. I would replace the whole drain. Because that's just the way I do things. But do you happen to know if there is anything to what the salesman told me? That's what I really need to know.
  9. L

dubldare and Rancher, Read it again. You're cleaning the wrong drain. That's not the one that stinks. What happens is that a little waste from the garbage disposal backs up in that pipe. And why shouldn't it? It's horizontal. Then a little solid is left behind. Every time you use the...
  10. L

So we're just imagining the smell? I think I see the problem here. :)
  11. L

There's a subtle way to screw up You see comment 35 above? ( https://terrylove.com/forums/showpost.php?p=66473&postcount=35 ). That's the right way to do it, but there's an easy way to do it wrong. This is off the subject, but it may be interesting. Just connect the trap and drain to the...
  12. L

When I went to buy faucets for a bathroom remodeling project, I was told that a pop-up drain plug is required to meet "national code" -- whatever that is. (Or it could be an FHA or HUD requirement or some such, I suppose.) It was explained to me that if I don't put one in now, I'll have to put...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks