Search results

1. Mtnj31

Small fernco leak under slab

Ok great thanks John
  2. Mtnj31

So I was able to smoothen the pipe with wire wheel. I chipped off the barnacles and the pipe is somewhat smooth, but far from perfect. I noticed though after I cleaned it that there is raised lettering of the company the made the cast. It’s about 1/8 inch raised and I believe this is causing my...
  3. Mtnj31

I thought that might be the consensus. I will get my grinder out and the wire wheel and see if I can smoothen it out some. The darn thing is just so rusted. Thanks for the response.
  4. Mtnj31

Hello guys, hope everyone is doing well. I posted a while back about replacing a P trap under my slab. I was able to cut the cast iron p trap out and attach a PVC trap using a ~4inch fernco coupling. I ran a ton of water through it and there is a small drip leak on the cast iron end. This pipe...
  5. Mtnj31

Cast iron p trap under slab removal

Thanks Wayne for the heads up on that. That info will help me out tremendously. I definitely don’t want any future leaks. Much appreciated.
  6. Mtnj31

Thank you so much for the help. I’m thinking the Fernco is the way to go too. Thank you again for the help, I truly appreciate it.
  7. Mtnj31

There is definitely some rust and crud around that pipe. I guess I should see if I could scrape off some of that before I attempt to attach the PVC to it. Do you think I could use a transition coupling to attach that 2in cast to 1.5 in PVC trap? Or do 2 in PVC and transition to 1.5 at the drain...
  8. Mtnj31

Hey Jeff. I measured the circumference of the pipe and it was approximately 7.875 inches. I then divided that by pi. Is that the right way to get the size? Thanks.
  9. Mtnj31

Hello guys. I’m working on a bathroom remodel and I could use some advice. We were smelling sewer gas pretty strong and it appeared to be coming from the tub drain. I removed the old tub and saw the old brass drain assembly was cracked just after the connection where it met the cast iron p trap...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks