Search results

1. NomicEnvy

Which push-on closet flange will fit properly into a 3.5" cast iron pipe?

I'm remodeling a bathroom in a 1940's house, and I've come to the point of installing a new toilet flange. The pipe is cast iron with 4" OD, 3.5" ID. I've tried Oatey 3" and 4" twist-lock flanges - as one might expect, the 3" is too narrow to seal, and the 4" is too wide to fit. Before I explore...
  2. NomicEnvy

M-Core, Does twin ell replace valve separation specs for no stacking leak?

Following up on this in case anyone else searches for this problem - I built this system as in the Moen design guide image above, but with 20" from spout/twin ell up to mixing valve, 37" from twin ell up to diverter, then another 29" from diverter up to a high rain showerhead. These spacings...
  3. NomicEnvy

M-Core, Does twin ell replace valve separation specs for no stacking leak?

Hello, longtime lurker here with my first post! I'm a DIYer plumbing a tub/shower with Moen m-core parts. I had intended to follow the layout in the first image from Moen's online design guide, which caps the shower port and includes a twin ell. However, the instructions with my mixing valve...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks