Search results

1. Still_Learning

Adding a powder room to garage

Alright, gotta bump this again because now that I'm into it, there's not a good wall nearby where I can send the dry vent off the toilet with a vertical takeoff. If I change to the layout below, can the toilet be served using a wet vent from the sink as in the diagram below? If so, does the vent...
  2. Still_Learning

That's good to hear! Thanks @wwhitney! Bonus question for you or anyone else happening upon this thread: If the wall was open and you had 60 year old copper water lines, would you: a) leave them alone b) replace them with PEX-A c) replace them with new copper
  3. Still_Learning

Love this forum and everyone's willingness to share their wisdom . Bought a house a couple months ago and the kitchen/laundry branch line drain had no bottom (rusted out cast iron). Since then, we've had that pipe lined with an epoxy sleeve and now have a working kitchen sink again, but before I...
  4. Still_Learning

Help with Under Slab Rough-In Plan

This project took a little longer than expected but I’m most of the way there I think. I used clear primer and heavy duty PVC glue. I plan to test the drains multiple times before putting everything under concrete but I can say the connections from the above fixtures are running well to the main...
  5. Still_Learning

Glad this will work! I didn't think about option #0 but I think #1 will allow for a place to tie in drain F after D/E without having to run it all the way over to the main. Again, appreciate the help.
  6. Still_Learning

Routing the basement shower between the basement lavatory and basement toilet was probably 8" over the 6-foot UPC guidance, so my new plan is to run a vent line up the wall from that shower drain (B) to tie into the E drain dry vent that goes out the roof. This is represented by the purple line...
  7. Still_Learning

Okay, I lied. I do have another question. Does drain E need to be 4"? Couldn't it be 3" or even 2" and still adequately vent the toilet, shower, and lavatory? It's 4" CI where comes out of the slab and where the lavatory currently drains into it then transitions to 2" halfway up the wall and...
  8. Still_Learning

Got it. I'm going to try to lay it out tonight and take some pictures. I'll open a new thread for the kitchen/laundry situation.
  9. Still_Learning

My bad, will do it better in the future. Do you mostly mean drain F? I can probably excavate to tie it in to the main where it currently is. It's not that much more work I suppose. If I did that, I'd just use two more no-hub couplings to tie in and still have the section after that lined...
  10. Still_Learning

Assuming the new diagram is acceptable, is there any issue with that many fixtures/pipes joining in such a small area or anything else I should watch out for? I could probably run F back in it's original configuration to the main lateral and/or run the B, D, and E group over to the main lateral...
  11. Still_Learning

Appreciate the help @wwhitney. I will need to think about this a little more. For some reason I was under the impression that B could be vented by A as it is currently set up. I'm on UPC by the way. There are 4 vents that go through the roof within 10' of this bathroom so surely I can work...
  12. Still_Learning

Sorry, in this case by 1st floor I meant basement. I understand how that could be confusing. Edited post to clarify.
  13. Still_Learning

Hi, all, This forum has been very helpful over the years and while I mostly just read, this time I need some help. We moved into a house with a collapsed kitchen/laundry line. I excavated it and the 3" CI pipe has no bottom. I had a plumber come out and he said they could clean it out and line...
  14. Still_Learning

Moving Kitchen Sink and Adding Bathroom

Awesome! Thank you both and hope you are having a great Christmas!
  15. Still_Learning

Alright, I'm about halfway into this project now and things are going alright but I'm not going to keep saying this is my last question (ha!) because who really knows what I'll run into. Two new questions with diagrams! 1) When tying a horizontal drain into the main stack, do I have to use a...
  16. Still_Learning

Okay, bumping this for one more (hopefully easy) question. If I proceed with the plumbing3 diagram in the first post, does it matter if the drain line that combines the tubs and kitchen sink meets the stack above the toilets vs. below the toilets? The diagram has it joining below the toilets...
  17. Still_Learning

Back-to-back Lavs on Same Side of Stack

Thanks all! You do us all a great service.
  18. Still_Learning

Sounds good! Yes, no fixtures above this and I'm under UPC jurisdiction. So for Option 1, I'd need to add the revent between the branch of the wye and the p trap and make the section from the wye to the stack 2". I think I got it. I'll probably go with Option 2 with 1.5" drain lines without...
  19. Still_Learning

Many thanks! I should've clarified. The main stack is 4". If I go with option 2 and stack the san-tees, should the drain line for each lav be 2" or 1.5"? These are bathroom sinks. I'm wanting to make sure I both get it right and there's enough room in the wall for the drains and the revent.
  20. Still_Learning

I've read on this forum about using a double fixture fitting for back-to-back lavs but what should I do if both sinks are on the same side of the stack and close to back-to-back in location (think two mirrored bathrooms sharing a wall). Both lavs will be pretty close to the main stack (within...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks