Search results

1. lhartl

Winterize lake water intake to cottage

Winterize lake water intake What is a Pita? It works but then I can't use the cottage again until the boat is available in the spring! I would like a solution to enable me to drain the pipe after close-up but before the snow comes. ideas ???
  2. lhartl

Winterize lake water intake to cottage

We have a water pump, filter and bladder tank in our utility room and about 100 feet of 1 1/4" flexible pipe from the cottage to the lakeshore, ending with a footvalve, about fifty feet from the lakeshore in about 25 feet of water. The pipe is exposed under the cottage about four feet, then it...
  3. lhartl

Broken faucet - do I need a new install ?

another pic - the wall another picture - this is the wall
  4. lhartl

picture attached - I am on a slow dial-up line...
  5. lhartl

Faucet type is WALTEC It's a WALTEC, I will try to post pics next.
  6. lhartl

Good day. First let me tell you that I am at our cabin - 30 minutes from the nearest small town hardware store (Barriere, BC) and 90 minutes from a town with Home Depot or similar (Kamloops, BC). I have called three plumbers - no answer back from anyone yet, so I humbly ask for your online...
  7. lhartl

Hot Water Tank doesn't hold water ?

Hi again, I have a plumber coming this evening. The only reason I was trying to drain it was to see if there was sediment in the tank that may have caused the tank to not produce hot water. that's when I realized that it wasn't holding any water in the tank! the plumber that I...
  8. lhartl

Hi again, When I turn on the hot water tap, the water runs through just fine - except its not hot! Is there something inside that tells it when to stop filling up with water that may be wonky? thanks for the reply! Linda
  9. lhartl

thanks for the response, the unit is five years old. It does not rock. The drain is on the lower side of the unit and so I can see that it is running freely. Is there another drain on the bottom of the unit? When I try to refill it, the water stops filling after about 6 cups of water...
  10. lhartl

Hello, We have a hot water tank that is not producing hot water. When I went to drain it, I realized that its not holding any water - about six cups of water emptied from the tank. So I tried to refill it and it just stops filling after about 10 seconds and about 6 cups of water are in the...
  11. lhartl

Joist meets Drain - now what?

Wiggle Room David, Yes I would consider using the wiggle room if I thought I could do a good tile job and not compromise the slope. I am not sure that Schluter would support cutting the plate. The drain is a pretty integral part of the system. This may be better than starting from...
  12. lhartl

Wiggle Room? No, there is no wiggle room because the drain lip goes almost to the edge of the foam tray and built into the slope. (I thought of cutting off some of the foam but there would be a steep slope to the perimeter of the wall.)
  13. lhartl

Three answers Hi David, Yes the shower is in a corner. Yes the joists are 15 feet long. From the wall to the centre of the drain is 10" (exactly the same as a tub). I guess this wasn't very clear. Let me try again. The very next joist aligns with the wall downstairs that envelops a...
  14. lhartl

Joist length There is a major wall running through the main floor of the house at 15 feet. I am sure that this is the joist that we are looking at upstairs. This bathroom is directly over the laundry room on the main floor. The very next joist is above the wall with a door to the garage...
  15. lhartl

YES, I need to cut the joist a whole lot because the drain is located right above it. Earlier posts suggested that I should cut the joist but more recent posts have me worried about the porcelain tile that I plan to put in the shower. I have no way of judging what is sensible risk management...
  16. lhartl

Without ripping up the entire floor, I could not tell you how long the joists are. I will also post on John Bridge site and see if there are more ideas out there for reinforcing the joist. Linda
  17. lhartl

Hi again, I am attaching another picture of the area. The Schluter Shower System is 32 x 60 with a premade shower bed and drain kit. The drain in the premade bed is offset exactly the same place as a tub would be - 10 inches from the plumbed wall and centred at 16". I am planning to...
  18. lhartl

The picture may be confusing everyone - the circle that I drew on the board shows where the drain and a short elbow WILL REST on the joist, it was a 'depth' indicator. So you see, the problem with sistering and drilling a hole won't work because I actually need that much depth in the board for...
  19. lhartl

Lee, Thanks for the suggestion. The Schluter shower drain is 2" and the old (existing) tub pipes are 1.5", so I must make the conversion somewhere in there. Mark has suggested that I swap out the current 1.5" SanTee and replace with a 2" SanTee - but this will require that I change the pipe...
  20. lhartl

Cutting Back further thanks. Just to confirm, the San Tee is the pipe furthest away in the picture? I hear you say that I need to cut that one out and replace it with a 2" T, but there is no room to accomodate an even bigger pipe and 2 to 1:5 connectors or is there? I haven't seen them at HD...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks