Search results

1. Clutchcargo

Using poly pipe as conduit for pex.

I'm running hot and cold water to our garage from the house. The house is about 14' away from the garage. Is it possible to push or pull 1/2" pex thru the poly pipe? I already have two 1" poly pipes in place for this purpose but 1/2" is a lot less volume for the hot water line and I'm a bit...
  2. Clutchcargo

Pressure elbow in place of DWV fitting

We're running water and drain between out house and a detached garage. The drain entails a 2" waste line from the garage to tie into existing house drain. It's real simple, the pipe-run is only about 12'-13'; starting in the house --> thru the house foundation --> trench --> thru garage...
  3. Clutchcargo

Atmospheric water heater venting

Venting has been a chronic problem with my NG water heaters. This is the second one that displayed the same venting issue. On startup, you can see by the melted plastic bits that venting spills until draft is established. This is joining the 6" boiler venting (also atmospheric) before entering...
  4. Clutchcargo

Sioux Chief vs. Uponor

Does anyone have any experience with Sioux Chief PEX products? Specifically their manifolds for expansion pex. I like Uponor but the closest Uponor equivalent is priced nearly 3x more. Any experiences or insights is appreciated. TIA
  5. Clutchcargo

Delta R10000 Shower Valve With PEX - best practices

I'm installing a shower valve and diverter. The shower circuit is going to be a home run using PEX. Is there any benefit to use a valve body with 1/2" inlets and then sweat in a couple elbows and PEX adapters? Will the PEX with bends and shower faucet fit within a 14" stud cavity? Also, I think...
  6. Clutchcargo

Pipe not fully seated in fitting.

I'm working on gluing up the drain for the toilet. After I measured everything out and glued it together, I discovered that the length ran about 1/4" longer than measured. I sent my phone into the pipe to have a look at the inside to see what happened. It looks like the pipe is not fully seated...
  7. Clutchcargo

Toilet rough in measurement

Before I glue this all together... is the 12" rough-in measurement for a toilet from the finished drywall or the baseboard trim? TIA
  8. Clutchcargo

Charlotte 3" long 1/4 bend

There seems to be a design consideration built into this bend. Any idea why one side of the 90 is different than the other? Using this below a WC to go to horizontal.
  9. Clutchcargo

Recommendation for shower valve kit

Looking for a recommendation for a good but not too pricey shower valve trim and control kit (valve, shower head, rail and wand). I like the look and quality of the American Standard's DXV product line but that's coming in at over $1200. Anything comparable but less expensive? Any brands or...
  10. Clutchcargo

90 vent elbow with long street tail.

Is there such a thing as a 90 street with a long street tail? This is for a 2"vent going thru a 2x4 top plate. My issue is that I've only got about 1.25" of available pitch between the top of the top plate of the shower's partition wall and the highest possible location of an inverted sanitary...
  11. Clutchcargo

Cleanout below flood plain

I want to tuck the drain for a tub in the joist cavity. This drain would head towards a partition wall where it enters a sanitee and a long sweep 90 with the rest of the drain below the joists and vent going up into the wall. I want to add a cleanout in the vent line to service the sanitee if...
  12. Clutchcargo

Wye or Sanitary Tee

My toilet flange is 10' from the stack; it's a straight run. I plan wet-venting this from the tub (2" drain) at the 6' mark from the toilet. Since it will have a vent, does it make any difference if I use a San Tee or Wye at the stack? The San Tee would give me slightly more venting but the Wye...
  13. Clutchcargo

Toilet Venting

I'm trying to design my bathroom keeping plumbing code in mind. Where I'd like to put the toilet is 10' from the stack which prompted me to look into venting requirements. How can there be so much discrepancy between the all the plumbing codes related to DWV of a toilet? IPC - vent when it gets...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks