Search results

1. Sqrjay

How to connect this plumbing - part 2

Yeah, with a single 45 it would hit the joist way too soon. I just checked and a 45 and a 22.5 would actually work perfect. I like your idea of just a slight angle all the way down to eliminate that last 45. I was so focused on getting it perpendicular to the joist and having a straight line...
  2. Sqrjay

It looks like the top left one. I was looking for something like: But, the joist is already notched, and I'm just going to live with what is already there.
  3. Sqrjay

This became a lot more difficult project than I initially thought! So I have the new vent now moved to the other side of the shower head on the floor above. From the toilet, I have a long sweep 90 into a 60 and 1/16 to get it headed in the right direction through the joist. This lines it up in...
  4. Sqrjay

I think I'm going to put that part on hold for now. I got up there with fittings just to play around and see what fits, and now I realize I'm going to have to hit that vent right over the run from the WC. That is really the only way to fit it. If I try to put in a 45, then I'm going to be too...
  5. Sqrjay

I forgot I had that wall opened up already. I wouldn't be able to just move the vent easily in the wall since the shower stuff is in there. It is a super tight space above there in the attic, but I could just run a new vent on the other side of the shower controls and have it come out further...
  6. Sqrjay

There is a wall parallel to the joists above there between the toilet and tub/shower. I will have to open it up and see if I could reroute the vent to come out on the other side. That would be perfect, because it could come straight down into the 3" from the WC. Assuming that works out, then...
  7. Sqrjay

How to connect this plumbing

After stepping back, now I do see it is you original idea. I think I'm just going to stick with this one since it will fit perfectly.
  8. Sqrjay

Correct, the reinforcements are 2 pieces. I had not even considered nesting them. I can call the company that makes them and ask if this would be an acceptable application. If so, then that means I only need to be out about 6" from the edge of the notch - or possibly even less. The wall is...
  9. Sqrjay

Okay, so I have to use the joist reinforcer on the notch plus the joist reinforcer to do the whole for the 3" ABS. That pushes me out about 16", because of how they are designed. I marked up an idea, but maybe this isn't the best idea. I believe the connections could be made, but I'm not...
  10. Sqrjay

I think I follow. Can you confirm the image below is what you are suggesting? I would have to add a little bit of space before the 2 45's from the WC to get it down enough to have the 2" be at the 2" point on the joist. Then I'd just tie it into the other run with another wye like the original...
  11. Sqrjay

Okay, that makes more sense. I should have been more clear. I wasn't actually going to drill diagonal holes. I was just going to use 45 to angle it right after a joist, then another 45 to straighten it back out before the next joist. The holes would be straight through.
  12. Sqrjay

The notch is 2 1/4" deep and 4" wide. So I guess I will have to add that reinforcement. I'm curious why you shouldn't run diagonally through the joists? I was just saying I would connect it all and then if it did line up where the connection will be in the partition wall, then I'd go diagonal...
  13. Sqrjay

Here is a pic looking up.
  14. Sqrjay

I got help in another thread (https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/how-to-connect-this-plumbing.97145/) for what I think was the more complicated problem. I also am looking for suggestions on how to connect a toilet, bathtub/shower, and a vent. Originally, the 3" pipe was below the...
  15. Sqrjay

You understood correctly exactly what I'm trying to accomplish. I have some steel reinforcements from joist repair to allow me to add up to 6" holes that I'll be adding (and maybe making 4-4.5" holes). You can google 2810HR if you are curious. If I'm understanding you correctly, then it...
  16. Sqrjay

I’m trying to get rid of a drop ceiling. I got rid of it, and then found this plumbing. From the left - there is a toilet and shower with a vent with 3” ABS Going out from the wall - is a sink and vent with 1 1/2” From the right - there is a shower and vent with 2” Coming straight down -...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks