Search results

1. Sdsad123

Was helping a friend install a bidet and had to remove a rigid supply line and now the bottom of the tank leaks. It also makes a whistling noise.

Here's the album! So yeah. Any idea how to fix this? Leaks from that part, so im assuming a gasket on the inside needs to be replaced but I dunno which one or what the process is. Additionally, it whistles on refill which may or may not be from the same problem. I do see that the toilet bowl...
  2. Sdsad123

Is it possible for me to replace my water main myself?

Okay, I’m quite stupid—I see now that I do need the slip valve. I watched a YouTube video and it helped me understand what they’re for. That’d be perfect; I have a little wiggle room and don’t have to put strain on the pipes. Though I saw it in the store today and it looked a lot smaller than I...
  3. Sdsad123

Oh, okay, that's a lot more than necessary. I'll get the regular one. Hopefully this is pretty straightforward. Thank you very much!
  4. Sdsad123

Thanks! Yeah, ive used sharkbites/push to connect fittings several times before. I'm trying to decide if I should get this one or this one or even this one. My gut tells me the first one. Other than that I think im good to go. I cut (I guess in two spots), deburr, then slide the sharkbite in...
  5. Sdsad123

Does resin cleaner actually help?

Oh wow, thank you guys so much! I’ll go with 10% crosslinked resin for sure. Where would you recommend I order it from? Thanks!
  6. Sdsad123

Yeah, he gave me that option as well. There is a small leak apparently as you can see on the bottom of that fitting, but he said its fine as the concrete is probably sealing it tightly. To put a ball valve above the gate valve that is already there. That would cost approx $600. Honestly im...
  7. Sdsad123

Okay, thank you. Looks like it needs to be replaced then. Was hoping it would be something else and I didnt need to replace it all. Thought it might last longer than it did.
  8. Sdsad123

Called a plumber. Turns out its gonna be a pretty pricey repair. Gotta dig from behind the wall since immediately after what you can see is in concrete, widen the concrete a bit so they can repair the leak with a pipe with a sleeve and add a ball valve. Really sucks but thats okay I guess. Have...
  9. Sdsad123

Is there anything else I can check for before I do that?
  10. Sdsad123

My softener has been reducing the water pressure of my house water so it's off for now. Its about 8 years old and we have chlorinated city water (not chloramine). Should I bother with resin cleaner? Does it actually work? Or should I just replace the resin or do something else? We dont have iron...
  11. Sdsad123

Ah, when it rains it pours huh?! Thanks for the info even if it’s not what I wanted to hear haha.
  12. Sdsad123

I do have a water company shutoff in the front yard and I guess I can buy a key and turn it off. I wonder if I can call a place and get a quote, if its not too expensive it might not be worth my time honestly.
  13. Sdsad123

Hi, there is a video and picture linked above. Did they not work?
  14. Sdsad123

My gosh, things keep piling on. I thought I was going to do a quick replacement of my refrigerators shutoff valve. Went downstairs to turn off the main and it doesn't even budge. This is a picture of the main. It appears as if I turns downwards into the wall. I could solder it, but I don't...
  15. Sdsad123

Want to get rid of this saddle valve. Best option?

Nice, I might do this if I can find one! Thanks a lot. I dont love having to take the pipe down to below the saddle valve, but I guess I can always extend it later if its an issue (its not).
  16. Sdsad123

The whole point was for me to remove the saddle valve haha I definitely don't want to use it again! I've heard they're no good. Would you use a sharkbite or compression valve? Honestly if there was a 1/2" shutoff with a 3/8 + 1/4 tee that would allow me to just have one valve, though I'd have to...
  17. Sdsad123

Thank you, I do believe you're correct! Saved me a trip and some money. So two shutoffs in a row is okay? Also, would you bother replacing the line? I really think it may be clogged as its 30+ years old and we have hard water (and our refrigerators water has slowed to a crawl). Thanks again.
  18. Sdsad123

Got this saddle valve thats a few inches under the cold water shutoff for the sink. It's 1/4" copper that I'd like to replace too if its not super hard...it goes from where you see, up a few inches, down into the floor, then across the kitchen, then up and into the wall and goes into the fridge...
  19. Sdsad123

Water softener worked fine for like 4-5 years but now its causing weird water pressure drops.

So is it possible its anything else to do with the softener or is it certainly the resin going bad? We have very low iron here, I called the water company.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks