Search results

1. Midwest Girl

Shower wall opened by new contractor - will someone explain what’s going on with water lines?

@Jeff H Young - Lastly, Breplum has commented that the notch compromised the stud - and it should be replaced or, at least, sistered. However, your explanation re: a garage door makes sense. It doesn’t appear that he changed anything on the ends of the wall - at least, not on that side of...
  2. Midwest Girl

Shower wall opened by new contractor - will someone explain what’s going on with water lines?

@Breplum - I didn’t hire the “idiot“ who did this work - the plumber was engaged by my former contractor (who was engaged by my significant other after receiving recommendations from two of his law partners). Due to a couple issues with my former contractor’s work (initially laying pvc liner...
  3. Midwest Girl

See you later, not goodbye!

@Sylvan Thanks - I feel a little bit like a prized Guinea pig right now. This is such a rare diagnosis (= orphan disease) that there are several doctors interested in treating me. I just wish that there was a more “standardized“ treatment plan. I was diagnosed with systemic mastocytosis...
  4. Midwest Girl

@Reach4 - so. are you saying that the reason the hot and cold lines are extended that way is to provide a better anchor for the line to the shower head?
  5. Midwest Girl

@James Henry - Well, that doesn‘t surprise me. There were a few things that this guy did incorrectly - and when I questioned him, he became very upset. Luckily, we have a master plumber coming on Tuesday - he will be replacing the rough-in valve with the new valve with integrated diverter...
  6. Midwest Girl

My photos won’t load because the files are too large. I need to figure out how to fix that
  7. Midwest Girl

First, this wall was supposed to have a shower head + hand held shower wand. Unfortunately, my previous contractor said that he forgot. I purchased a combination Delta rough-in valve + diverter to replace the newly installed universal Delta HF shower valve. I asked a few plumbers to provide...
  8. Midwest Girl

See you later, not goodbye!

I just read this post - I am so sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with Terry’s family and friends. I was recently diagnosed with mast cell leukemia - it’s extremely rare. I’m not sure what my exactly what my treatment will consist of yet - am waiting for some additional tests...
  9. Midwest Girl

Delta Ara 17 trim just installed - water temperature lever won’t move.

I have had huge issues related to two bathroom renovations. I FINALLY have a finished shower - after not having a functioning shower in my home for several MONTHS. The Delta universal tub/shower valve was installed many months by a licensed plumber. My tile contractor finished my upstairs...
  10. Midwest Girl

New sewer smell in bathroom being renovated - pls help!

Terry - attorneys are great when they’re part of the family! My sister and brother-in-law just recently sold 8 high end women’s clothing stores - I used to provide quite a bit of free legal work for them (my practice is focused on commercial real estate development + business law). Although...
  11. Midwest Girl

Reach4 and Terry - it’s difficult for me to get a precise measurement because the drawers are in the way. I tried to reach in with iPhone + tape measure + right angle = difficult. It looks like it may be at 4” or maybe just a bit above. It’s definitely not much below 4” (if it is at all). I...
  12. Midwest Girl

I just added better photos - easier to get under sink area using my iPhone + flash helps! TERRY - sounds like you were in a crazy situation!! I don’t understand why building houses - and giving him the carpentry work, would make him want to physically fight you! I know that I’m going...
  13. Midwest Girl

I realize that because (i) I am so upset about what’s happened, and (ii) felt the need to explain what’s happened so I don’t look like I’m a COMPLETE idiot, I made my post much longer than needed. I have a serious health issue - systemic mastocytosis. Stress GREATLY affects it - which has...
  14. Midwest Girl

I am stuck in renovation hell. And I’m about to have a nervous breakdown! First contractor was hired to completely renovate master bathroom + replace vanity/sink/toilet/install floor tile in a second bathroom. All of the work by first contractor in the second bathroom was finished 13 months...
  15. Midwest Girl

Need to buy valves + trim for wall mount tub filler + hand held shower head

MTy - thanks for your reply - I appreciate the insight. I am going to call Build.com in the morning. I think that they will be more helpful than the customer reps who answer the phone at Delta. Tuttles Revenge - I agree with your thoughts. I already have that valve - and I’d rather have a...
  16. Midwest Girl

Need to buy valves + trim for wall mount tub filler + hand held shower head

As I explained in a previous post, I am trying to have all of the rough-in valves + trim kits ready for when my new plumber is hired (had to let previous contractor go due to not building shower pan to code + using wrong adhesive for marble shower wall tiles). I have a freestanding tub that I...
  17. Midwest Girl

Delta shower rough, I need some guidance

Terry - thanks for posting those charts. I have decided to replace the tile surround in another bathroom while the contractor is here working on my master bathroom. While the current valve/trim is working fine, it was installed in 1996 (and is not a brand I recognize - it’s a builder’s...
  18. Midwest Girl

Delta shower rough, I need some guidance

I have had an extremely rough time having my master bathroom renovated. I’ve received help from pros over at John Bridge Forum re: shower construction and tile installation - however, I have a few questions re: plumbing. I’ve purchased a few Delta trim kits + rough-in valves - and need to know...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks