Search results

1. CarlH

Gusher

Thursday night I notice that my hot water heater has sprung a leak. The water heater is sitting in a pan and I noticed that there was a bit of water in the pan, so I figure the leak must be small. Friday morning I call a plumber to come check the water heater. He tells me that he is booked...
  2. CarlH

Sloan Flushmate III recall

Just an FYI that there has been a recall on the Sloan Flushmate. https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2014/flushmate-expands-recall-of-flushmate-iii-pressure-assisted-flushing-system I just submitted my information for them to send me a "repair kit". We'll see what the repair kit is. I suspect that...
  3. CarlH

Air Leakage from Sump

I get air coming in from my sump pit whenever something in the house forces air outside such as a bathroom fan or the clothes dryer. My basement has no exits and therefore no exterior drains. The tiles should be completely below grade and covered with soil. My best guess for the source of...
  4. CarlH

Toto E-Max/WDI fill valve hoots

I installed an Eco Drake a few months back and since it was installed the fill valve hoots or squawks both when the valve opens and when the valve closes. I did flush the line prior to hooking it up to the valve so hopefully the noise is not from any debris making its way to the valve. My...
  5. CarlH

Broken Closet Flange

I pulled a toilet today as a part of my bathroom renovation and discovered that the flange had cracked around both slots for the closet bolts. It is the open slots in the picture on the left and right sides. I have a couple of question regarding this flange. The most important...
  6. CarlH

Caulk between pedistal sink and wall?

I will be removing a pedestal sink as a part of a bathroom remodel. Currently it is caulked at the rear where it meets the wall. When I reinstall the sink I am considering not caulking the rear edge since I don't like the way it looks and because it tends to collect dirt like hinge dust from...
  7. CarlH

Replacing bath vent fan - No overhead access

I'm about to replace the ventilation fan in small half bath and the only thing that gives me pause is the fact that I will have no overhead access. I am looking at installing a Panasonic since it can mounted from under to a header. There is a flange on the fan housing for this type of mount...
  8. CarlH

Delta 1300 vs. 1700

I see that some of the plumbers here have a preference for installing the 1700 series Delta. Why do you prefer this over the 1300 series? Is the 1700 more reliable? Is it overall customer satisfaction with having separate temp and flow control? Are they easier to service than the 1300?
  9. CarlH

Stylish Flusher

Cell Toilet This takes the Neorest style to a new level. I'd hate to find a new seat for it.
  10. CarlH

Choosing a water heater

Since my current water heater is 14 years old, I decided I would look into a replacement water heater before it becomes an urgent matter. Based upon the comments here I plan to go with a Bradford White. The problem is there are a few models to choose from. I am looking at replacing a 50 gallon...
  11. CarlH

Plumber needed to repair small leak

Huge water main break traps motorists on Md. road
  12. CarlH

Will a Toto skirted fit here?

My wife likes the idea of a skirted toilet for ease of cleaning the outside and I was looking into finding one that would fit our half bath. The problem is that the existing shutoff is on the floor and rather close to the flange. I've narrowed the potential candidates down to the Aquia and...
  13. CarlH

AS Cadet PA concerns

My AS Cadet pressure assist is about 5 years old now and now there is water in the tank. From what I can tell the pressure vessel or one of the fittings drips when the toilet is flushed. Is this a warning sign of anything or should I not worry about and just keep flushing? This is the most...
  14. CarlH

Bathroom Vent Fan - NuTone vs. Panasonic

I'm looking into replacing my current NuTone/Mercury C350 with a unit that is quieter and moves more air. My bathroom is approximately 60 sq. ft. I was looking at the 80 and 110 CFM models, but given the relatively small price difference I am leaning toward a 110 CFM unit. The models I am...
  15. CarlH

Dishwasher Air Gap Noise

My current air gap is a cheapo Home Depot model and I get a reasonable amount of noise from the air gap as the dishwasher drains. This probably the noisiest part of using the dishwasher. Are the better quality air gaps any quieter?
  16. CarlH

Calcium buildup = slow flush?

A plumber told my father-in-law that his problem with a slow flushing toilet was due to calcium build up. At times, it took as many as three flushes to clear debris from the bowl. The toilet had been augered and the drain line had been cleaned out as far a 160ft from the house. The toilet...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks