Search results

1. BostonGuido

Wellmate pressure tank - QC fitting

I'm replacing a Wellmate pressure tank with an identical one (the bag leaked) and the new tank did not come with the packet of lube for the QC fitting (O-ring). Anyone know what type of lube should be used? Would rather just use the right thing if I have it, or buy locally, than wait for a...
  2. BostonGuido

CPVC threaded fitting failure

So this 3/4" CPVC fitting was threaded into a Cu fitting in my attic, in the solar hot water loop. It let go with a bang on a nice sunny day with the circulator running and fortuately I was home to turn off the water. The actual domestic hot water is circulated throught the solar panels, it's...
  3. BostonGuido

Kohler flush volume (water usage)

I have two 2016 Kohler toilets, labeled 1.28 GPF. They have the falling-float-on-a-stem style flush valve. They work fine and are properly adjusted. But they use about 2.5 GPF. Any ideas why this would be and if I can fix it? I want to reduce my water usage since I have a rain water cistern for...
  4. BostonGuido

Mini-split condensate drain installation question

I am considering installing a (third) mini-split, this one after construction. The first 2 have the inside-unit water condensate drain lines routed inside the poured concrete walls, so nicely exiting through the edge of the upstairs deck. Outdoor units are on the ground floor. The third, after...
  5. BostonGuido

Seepage around PCV coupler through concrete wall

I have a rain water cistern, and the inlet and overflow pipes (3" PVC) penetrate the wall at the top of the 7' deep cistern. The pipe penetration was done by placing an ordinary 3" nominal PVC coupler in the poured concrete wall when it was poured. The PVC pipes were then passed through the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks