Search results

1. Chris Branson

Bathroom sink drain soldered - is this a good plan?

Hi again everyone, thanks for all of the advice! I'm finally pulling this together and walking through the plan in my head. One thing that seems like it will be an obstacle is cutting that copper where it meets the corroded stuff. It looks like the supply lines are going to be in the way of...
  2. Chris Branson

Bathroom sink drain soldered - is this a good plan?

Hi Everyone, I'd like a sanity check on my plan for what I think I need to do from what I've read in other posts on the forum. There are 2 places on this sink that have a "nuisance" leak that I'm sure are ready to go catastrophic at any minute, so I'd like to replace the sink and all of the...
  3. Chris Branson

Leaky shut-off one season after new washer

Thanks for the reply Jim. On a whim I went down and tried to give the shutoff a more solid snugging and it had another easy quarter turn left. I was pretty surprised since I'm a chronic over-tightener. I'm not sure if it's something to do with the temperature change, or maybe I was too...
  4. Chris Branson

Leaky shut-off one season after new washer

Hi everyone, Last year I went to turn off the water to my outdoor spigot using the shut-off in the basement and found that there was still water dripping outside. Thanks to the help of many great posts, pictures and videos on the web I was able to replace the washer on the shut-off valve and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks